Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

NUS student discount?

NUS student discount?

Hi guys!

Been a free member for a month or two but I'm now wanting to take advantage of the student discount you offer.

I've got an NUS extra card.

When you go to the student discount page you get the choice of either Unidays or NUS extra. Unidays side of things appears to work ok, but when I click on the NUS extra card it just goes back to the standard full price premium payment page, and in a red box within that page it says "oops! something went wrong, please try again".

Well guess what, I've tried again and get the same thing.

Wondered if it was a cookie issue at first, so allowed all cookies on the entire site and still got the same issue. 

Anyone help?

Cheers!

Just to add to this..... I can't use the Unidays side of things as Unidays does not support the course I'm doing. I've tried a different browser, I've tried clearing all my cookies, I've tried using incognito etc and still getting the exact same thing. All my details are current and correct. 

8 Replies

Lmao, are you kidding? I knew this issue was regarding the U.S. Student discount, I thought at least you could fix the UK one in the process.  So when are you gonna fix the UK student signup? You guys are making it super easy for me not to be giving you money. 

Anyone? Do any staff look at this or is it just users?

I have the same problem; I used to get 50% off but now it has gone back to the regular amount for no reason. It won't let me change my details. I have sent them an email, so I hope they reply soon. 

Im having the exact same problem, with the exact same symptoms. Hopefully someone with a soloution will reply soon.

How long have you had this problem? Ive only been trying for a little while...

same problem here in Germany with unidays:

"Wie es aussieht, kannst du das reduzierte Produkt, das du kaufen möchtest, nicht erhalten. Du kannst dein Konto trotzdem gerne jederzeit auf Premium umstellen."

Can anyone help?

Great customer service anyway. Posted a message on here, nothing. Sent a direct message and got nothing. Why bother offering something for students if you're not going to make good on the offer?

Next step I'll end up registering for Twitter and see if they do something about it under the glare of others.

I just got an email from spotify; they said that I had to cancel my subscription, and once I no longer have premium I am to re apply, that apparently should work.

Considering I don't have a subscription already then I can't see how that solution would work. There's clearly a fault with the website which is causing the issue and they need to be doing more to look into it.

Suggested posts