Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Premium member, not getting premium benefits

Solved!

New Premium member, not getting premium benefits

I just signed up for Premium and was wanting to give the service a test drive for a drive I'm making across the country.  I'm flying to Texas tonight and driving back to Portland and would like to access the Premium service I signed up for before the flight.

Unfortunately, after logging out and back in on all my devices and performing complete re-installs on all my devices the premium service still has not synced up to my devices.  I've submitted a help ticket, but need a more immediate response as my flight leaves soon.

I'd like to be a spotify member, but I know I can sign up for google's music app and be downloading music immediately.  Hopefully the community can help me with a more immediate resolution.

Thanks!
Anthony 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @paolodeyto 

The fix is still rolling out, so you should have your premium sometime today.

Please post back later today if you are still having problems.

Please take my word on this. Just be patient and it will come. 😃

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey guys!

We have merged several threads about this problem into one. That way it's easier to manage.

If you still are not getting premium, it should be fixed within the next few hours. Please log out and back in every once in a while and see if you then have premium.

MattSudaSpotify Star

View solution in original post

66 Replies

Just paid spotify premium last night and it keeps telling me to upgrade to premium some more... I logged out and back in already several times... Uninstalled and installed already a couple of times... And every time I ask to upgrade to premium it tells me I already have. It even shows the online receipt.

I am having the exact same issue. I also tried changing my payment details to see if that helped. I even tried cancelling my subscription and reapplying for premium. Nothing has worked, please help!

Having this exact issue. I paid last night and it hasn't upgraded anything. I checked under my subscription status and it says that I am a Premium member but it also says: "Your Spotify Premium subscription will be automatically renewed 2014-09-14 and charged."

Checked my card and it hasn't been charged for Spotify at all...Are they really making me wait a month before getting my subscription? I cannot understand why my pay cycle doesn't start the day I purchase it. Has anyone else had this issue?

@eatfuks @1244304435 @helloswitz 

Hey guys!

There was a temporary issue on the server, and this should now be fixed.

Please try logging out of the app and then logging back in to see if you now have premium.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Just tried it, still no luck. :C

Sorry guys, someone at Spotify said the server should be fixed now.

I will let them know that the problem still exists.

Thanks for your patience. I will let you know as soon as I have more information about this. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks for your help. Same goes for me, still not working!

Wtf man... Still not working... I'm switching to slackers... I'd like a refund

Get it fixed

Having the same problem. Very, very frustrating.

Hey @ntexascardfan 

Sorry for the inconvenience. Premium usually activates on accounts instantly.

There is currently a temporary problem with the server that is responsible for activating premium. Spotify is working on a fix.

I will let you know as soon as I get any more information on this problem.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I purchased spotify premium and a pop up message saying that I successfully purchased the premium. But it's not activated yet , it says "FAILED TO ACTIVATE PREMIUM". I checked my bank and it says I purchased on iTunes . My spotify showed premium registered until december 14, 2014. I need help Thank you

Welcome to the Spotify community!

Sorry for the inconvenience! Premium usually activates on accounts instantly. 

There is currently a temporary problem with the server that activates premium on accounts.

Spotify is looking into the problem and it should be fixed as soon as possible.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey derlsson. try going to the actual website and log in and go to where it says upgrade or subscription after you do that it should start running. Let me know how it works out.

I bought Spotify Premium earlier today and for about 8 hours now I have not received any Premium benefits. I have gotten a receipt and my Subscriptions page shows that I've bought it, but it's like my Premium just hasn't activated yet. 8 full hours! Really, Spotify? Leaving for a trip tomorrow...if I don't have my music I will not be a happy camper 😞

Welcome to the community!

There is currently a temporary problem with the server that is responsible for activating premium. Spotify is working on a fix.

Keep looking back on this forum for more information. This problem is being investigated and should be fixed as soon as possible. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

My Spotify premium is not working on my phone. Works on my computer no problem. Any suggestions? (I've already attempted restarting phone, logging out, uninstalled and reinstalled the app - need new suggestions)

Keep looking back on this forum for more information. This problem is being investigated and should be fixed as soon as possible. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Please reimburse my money if you cant activate my premium subscription

Suggested posts