Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No $.99 for 3 month deal b/c paid with giftcard

No $.99 for 3 month deal b/c paid with giftcard

I have never had a premium account, and I found out about the $.99 deal for 3 months. I clicked on upgrade and it took me to a screen where it said I would pay $.99 for 3 months. I used a $10 Spotify gift card for payment and now I only have a 1 month subscription. I would have preferred to pay the $.99 out of pocket for 3 months and not use the gift card at all had I known this was going to happen. This really ticks me off - not happy at all with Spotify. Any way out of this?

5 Replies

Hi @aaronm3 and welcome to the community 🙂

Unfortunately, there's no way around this now. Gift cards are for a specific product for a specific length of time - they can't be used as a general payment.

Liam

I'm hoping there is a way around this issue because there was nothing on the page stating that you could not (or more like should not) sign up for the Holiday Deal of 3 months for 99 cents with a gift card.  It's a wonderful offer and now I'm not able to enjoy those 3 months because I chose the option of paying with a gift card.

I am requesting that I, and any other new Spotify members, be given those 3 months for 99 cents in whatever way possible.  That is poor business practice to treat new customers in such a way.  Specifically when there was nothing on the upgrade page for this particular deal that said, STOP!  If you use a gift card you will NOT be able to qualify for this special offer.

I have already submitted this information via proper channels on your Contact Page.

Spotify is one of the best music services out there, I love it.  Please don't sully your reputation with me, and all others who have experienced this issue, by treating us thusly.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope a just resolution can be found.

It doesn't say anywhere that you can't use a giftcard, but I did some testing and it looks like when you click the giftcard option it redirects to the http://spotify.com/redeem page which does not support the offer.

I have passed along feedback to the payments team suggesting they make it more clear what payment methods are accepted for the offer.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for your response. I chose the other payment options which appeared to me as an option of the offer. It did not say it was redirecting me away from said offer. As a new customer who received Spotify gift cards this holiday I expect to receive the offer that was presented to me. Had I known that gift cards would negate this deal I would have used my credit card and added the gift cards afterwards. But since my gift card was accepted as an option of payment on the page where the 99 cent promotion was offered, I could only expect that it worked. I expect this offer to be honored. Please escalate as necessary. Thank you for reading.

@Turtlespoon 

I don't work at Spotify so there is nothing I can do about this. I'm only a volunteer here to help out on the forum.

I suggest you contact support about this:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts