Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No login possible

No login possible

Hallo,

I really hope someone can help me. I have been trying to login into my account for over three weeks now.

What I have tried:

• Changing the password
  • Login via Facebook ("This E-Mail address is already registered" - that's why I tried to login and not register a new one. I still get the same message every time)
  • Can't change the user name because I use my Facebook account to connect to Spotify (I tried out every possible user name anyway. I either get "The username or password is incorrect" or "A problem occurred, please try again later")
  • I deinstalled and reinstalled Spotify on my Computer, my tablet and my phone without success
  • I tried logging in after taking down my firewall
  • I read the FAQ
  • I read a million posts about login-problems but couldn't find a solution to my problem
  • I tried messaging the user support three times. In English and in German. I always get an automated reply and no helpful answer or anything beyond the automated reply. I even tried to reply to the automated-no reply-address but didn’t get any response either.

I don't know what else to do anymore. And I am kind of upset, since I am paying for an account I can't use.

Please, has someone any idea what else I can try?

Thank you!

P.S.: I created this new account, just to ask for help here. If my playlists weren't on the original account and if the original account wasn't paid for, I'd be happy just to use the new one, but this way it's not an option...

12 Replies

Hi there and welcome to the community,

You should get in touch with the spotify support team by using the online contact form or by tweeting @SpotifyCares on twitter. If you are unable to login, then use the alternative form.

If you get an auto reply back directing you to the help pages, just reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Hi,

I've got the same problem, did manage to get your account work again ?

I did not get any answer from the support.

Hi @lesmauvais 

The Spotify support will reply to your message as soon as possible.

It can take some time, they are receiving a lot of messages.

The Spotify support will be more than happy to assist you!

If this was helpful, please give kudos or accept it as solution.
If you want to become a Spotify Rock Star, learn more here.
If you're new to the community, please check out the starter guide.

Click here to contact the support.
I'm not a Spotify employee.

It took some time and some persistence, but I finally got an reply and we found a solution to my problem. It had something to do with a broken Facebook-Connection.

I created a new account and my music etc was transfered to the new account. Everything is working fine now.

Thanks for the help!

You're lucky, my problem is still running.

I'm waiting for this to be solvef for three weeks now !

I had to stop my premium, i hope it is not the reason why the support doesn't answer me.

@lesmauvais 

I have forwarded your post to the support team at Spotify. Hopefully someone will be in contact soon.

If you have a case number from support, please post it here. It would speed things up. (8 digit number)

Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi MattSuda,

My first  case Number :

Second one :

Thank you very much.

@lesmauvais 

Someone should be replying today

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi MattSuda,

Someone just answered, but they don't solve the problem.

They tell me they transfer my playlists to the new account i created in order to contact the supoort.

I told them twice i did not want to.

I just want to access my first account.

when i try to connect via FB, it says :

It looks like you already have a Spotify account with the email. Please login below

Why can't the support answer my questtions ?

@lesmauvais 

Sorry about that!

I'll ask support to take a look at your case again.

Hopefully they can reply tomorrow. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey @lesmauvais,

Please reply to the last email our support team sent you today.

If you have any questions, just ask them and they'll be able to help out.

Hopefully everything will be sorted soon.

We'll be here if you need us again.

Thanks!

I am having the same exact problem, and have gone back and forth with Spotify "Support" 14 TIMES over the past three days with still no resolution.  Here was their last response:

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We really have no way of recovering broken accounts so the best way to proceed is to create new accounts for you and your wife. We can free up both email addresses and have everything moved over. 

We appreciate your patience and cooperation with us in fixing this issue. We'll look out for your reply!

What I am having the hardest time comprehending, is how the company that built the software has "no way of recovering broken accounts"!

Suggested posts