Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not Enough Funds?!

Not Enough Funds?!

I subscribed to Spotify Premium (free trial) with a Visa Gift Card because I never liked using my bank accounts/credit cards for online purchases.

I was one day late with ending my subscription and at first, I didn't mind it because Spotify was working pretty well for me and I wanted to have another month as a Spotify Premium user. However, I received an email from Spotify the following day stating that I did not have enough funds in my gift card to pay for the next month, and that it will automatically revert back to Spotify Free after three days. I didn't realize I had insufficient funds in my card so I immediately cancelled my subscription.

After one week, my account is still on Spotify Premium. According to my page, it should have ended on October 2, 2012.

What is going on? Someone please help me out.

3 Replies

Hey! 🙂

Its nice to see members who are honest, many would just continue using premium and say nothing! 

I would suggest that you contact the payments team using the online contact form, they will be able to help you further! If you recieve an automated reply from the system, just reply to that message again with your message and it will be sent to a member of the team who can assist 🙂 They will reply by email so remember to check your junk/spam folders!

You will probably find that it might stop working on its own once the payments system realizes that you haven't paid. I know that when a payment fails, it has several "retry" attempts before it removes the subscription.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This is happening to me (I haven't said anything yet, they said it should just go).

I think this may be a wide issue - I suggest either taking up the opportunity, or reporting it to Spotify using the link hammeh gave above 🙂

Liam

P.S

It may just be giving you a week or 2 notice before it goes to free.

Why does spotify say I have insufficient funds to purchase spotify premium, when I have over $12.99 in my apple account.

Suggested posts