Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not letting me register NUS extra code?

Solved!

Not letting me register NUS extra code?

It keeps coming up with 'Technical error'? I've been trying all evening now and it still doesn't work! 😞

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I am having the same problem. Is there a solution?

View solution in original post

23 Replies
Marked as solution

I am having the same problem. Is there a solution?

Have you logged in through nus and then clicked on get this offer? don't enter your nus ID on the voucher code

I too have been repeatedly trying to access spotify using my card number and it says technical error. The nus discount page I was logged into kept telling me there was an access point at the bottom of the page - but there isn't one? All day I tried but to no avail. I ended up buying unlimited and hope spotify will assist... they simply gave me a link to the page I have the issue with. I'm no wiser than before. 

The frustrating thing was the nus webpage informing me every time that there was something at the bottom of the page that would allow me in. It even says 'have your card details ready'... but ther's nothing there?

Dave1

hello there,

may I politely enquire if that's how you applied? I can't seem to find any alternative way in. I would be grateful for any assistance, this is becoming quite frustrating... Thanks

Hey guys 🙂

If the NUS website isn't working you could try putting your card number directly into Spotify at http://www.spotify.com/uk/nus/

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you but this is exactly the same site as we are having the issue with. I value and appreciate that you mean well - but you're not getting the meaning of the issue. It is this route and webpage that will not accept the number! I have done this a dozen time as I mentioned initially. Thanks anyway though, it is nice of you to think of ways to fix the problem... Nemo1

Hey again!

Sorry I think I misread your post! The spotify website is pretty busy today, because of issues with the premium redemption system over the weekend.

I would suggest you leave it until tomorrow and if its still not working, post back here and I will see if I can get someone to look into this for you 🙂

Peter

Peter

I'm getting the technical error too. I have been for 3 days now. Any suggestions?

Hi everyone -Aare you all using an NUS Extra card? If so, have you tried redeeming that deal on a different internet browser?

To fix this I logged out of the Spotify website, logged in, went to the NUS website, on the Spotify deal page I clicked 'View Discount' > 'Accept this offer' > 'Redeem voucher' and then re-entered my NUS Extra card number on the Spotify page that is displayed and all was good.

I still have the same problem with the card,  I get to the page where I can confirm the password but once I click continue it just reloads the page. I have tried different web browsers and computers in different places too.

I sent a message to the support and got a reply saying it hadn't gone through properly and it's been removed now so I should try again.

Well, I tried, put my card number in, got to the next page where it asks me to confirm the password and... same problem again 😞 it just doesn't go through. I sent a reply back to that email but I don't think it's going to work unless the customer service maybe activates it for me or something? 

edit: I also tried to activate from both spotify.com and NUS website, but no difference there either. Still not working.

Try logging in to the Spotify website with both your normal login details and Facebook. It seems very tempermental, but with a bit of tinkering of different settings you should get it to work eventually (until they fix it).

Aargh I'm getting a bit frustrated with this now 😄 I logged in with my FB account, and this time it said 

"For verification purposes, you'll need to enter your Facebook password on the following page."

well I did that, got to the next page and wrote the password and.... it went back the the previous page, and now every time I try to click the continue-button to get to the next page it just loads the same page AGAIN!! And doesn't even let me go to the FB page anymore to write my password.

Why is this simple thing so faulty??? :// for I while I thought it might be working but not.

Revoke access to Spotify via Facebook's app settings if you can't get past that page and it'll ask you to re-verify next time. Keep logging out and in using the two different methods and re-entering your NUS card number into the box. 

Yeah will have to keep trying, tried quite a few times now (both of them) but seems to be always the same.

But thanks anyway! Hope all this NUS stuff is fixed soon, seems to have quite a few problems with it.

You don't need to enter your nus card details. If you log in to the nus website, search for spotify offer and then click get offer (i think it will say) it will re direct you to a link to subscribe and get the offer

Tried that too, no matter what I do I always end up getting stuck on the page with the

"Almost there...

For security reasons, you must enter your password to complete the payment." text. Tried it from NUS website too. So it's really weird, I don't understand what's going on with it. it must be a problem with confirming the whole thing.

EDIT:  I got it working!!! The problem was, my details still said I was in Finland but I didn't remember that so I changed it to UK where I am residing/studying now and it finally worked. lol would have been useful if it had said what the problem was instead of not giving me any kind of explanation, I had no idea about that as Spotify updatet my country information in some places.

Hey , i'm getting a problem where it's saying that my NUS code is in use by someone else , when i only got my card last month !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

@Bash123 wrote:

Hey , i'm getting a problem where it's saying that my NUS code is in use by someone else , when i only got my card last month !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team using the online contact form and they will be able to look into this further for you.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts