Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not receiving device password email

Solved!

Not receiving device password email

Hi - I just upgraded to Spotify Premium, and I want to setup my iPhone and Sonos device to use it.  I saw that I needed to create a password, and to click on a set-device-password link to get started, which was supposed to send me an email to my registered email account.  However, I have not yet received this email.  My device username is 124507541 - I have checked spam folders, but nothing has come through, and I have tried this link several times.

Can someone tell me if Spotify is having a problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It can sometimes take up to 24 hours for those emails to arrive, so I would suggest giving it a little time and being sure to check your spam/junk folders online (since I have noticed recently gmail is filtering out things before they even get to my desktop client!). 

If you aren't having any luck with the automated system, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to get one of those emails out to you manually. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

79 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It can sometimes take up to 24 hours for those emails to arrive, so I would suggest giving it a little time and being sure to check your spam/junk folders online (since I have noticed recently gmail is filtering out things before they even get to my desktop client!). 

If you aren't having any luck with the automated system, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to get one of those emails out to you manually. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Thanks!  I'll try the contact form.

--- Hal C

I STILL haven't recieved my device password from spotify! I've gotten multiple emails that give me a link to reset my password but they are ALWAYS expired/invalid links....I'M GOING INSANE. Spotify=terrible.

@makinganother wrote:

I STILL haven't recieved my device password from spotify! I've gotten multiple emails that give me a link to reset my password but they are ALWAYS expired/invalid links....I'M GOING INSANE. Spotify=terrible.

Hey 🙂 

Man that is a pain, did you get in touch using the contact form I linked to above? 

If so, can you post your case number here and I will make sure it gets to a member of the Spotify staff as soon as possible for you. 

Peter

Peter

Spotify Case #: 00869528 and another message simply says ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0S4l30:ref ]

Thanks for your help.

@makinganother - we replied to your email on the 22nd August with a password link. That link will now have expired so feel free to reply back to our email asking for another.

Note: those links expire after 24 hours so you'll need to set the password within 24 hours of us sending the link out.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

This is a joke.

Yes-- I realize that, but I didn't get the link within your 24 hours of you sending it. I've emailed back numerous times to get a new link sent a bunch of times but nobody is responding.

If the link is only valid for 24 hours, then you'll have to understand that not everyone's priority is waiting for spotifiy and the second it comes through, to change their device password. I do have a life aside from spotify. I don't understand why it can take up to a week for you to send me a password, but you expect me to be able to login and change it within 24 hours.

Either way, I'd really like it if someone could respond to my emails/ send me a new device link. This time, I am ready and waiting. I have cleared my schedules and cancelled my calls. I'm ready for the link.

Thank you,

Have you got a case number from the last time you got in touch? 

Could ask someone to put a rush on that one for you 😉 

Peter

Peter

I haven't receieved anything at all from anyone at spotify.

At this point, I feel scammed. I was told when I signed up that I would have the ability to connect spotify to my devices. Even though technically that is possible, it seems that spotify does not have the resources to handle sending out a valid device password.

I've looked all over the site and don't see any conact information for Spotify's legal department, does anyone know where I can get this information?

As i've mentioned, I like spotify as a service, but if someone doesn't contact me about getting this device password this week, I'm going to have to take further action/ request reimbursment for my services since August 18th 2013 when I first requested a device password (I have been denied a valid password ever since).

Thank You

@makinganother wrote:

I haven't receieved anything at all from anyone at spotify.

At this point, I feel scammed. I was told when I signed up that I would have the ability to connect spotify to my devices. Even though technically that is possible, it seems that spotify does not have the resources to handle sending out a valid device password.

I've looked all over the site and don't see any conact information for Spotify's legal department, does anyone know where I can get this information?

As i've mentioned, I like spotify as a service, but if someone doesn't contact me about getting this device password this week, I'm going to have to take further action/ request reimbursment for my services since August 18th 2013 when I first requested a device password (I have been denied a valid password ever since).

Thank You

@makinganother If you haven't received anything at all from Spotify even after submitting a contact form are you sure your email address is correct on your online profile

I've escalated this to the Spotify team for you to investigate. 

Peter

Peter

Hi makinganother - It looks like our team go back to you via email on 22 August with a password link and then we didn't have a response after. 

If you need another reset link please reply directly to that email and they'll send one over ASAP. 

Hi,

I have the same problem, i already asked for a device usersname a lot of times, contacted the help desk, with no reaction and now replyed the contact form mail. Not so happy at the moment...:-(

Hey @lmooijekind 🙂 

Sorry for the hassle!

If you haven't heard anything back within 48 hours, drop your case number (#) here and one of the guys/gals will make sure we get that chased up for you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Peter, Tnx for your advice, case nr 00922718!

Lennart

@lmooijekind wrote:
Peter, Tnx for your advice, case nr 00922718!

Lennart

Asking someone to get this sorted for you 😉 

Peter

Peter

Hi,

I got the same issue,  didn't recieve any email for 3 days. also contacted the support, who mailed me I should try the community.

my device password is 1129094254

Thanks for any help

Regards Daniel

Hey Daniel 🙂 

Are you still having issues getting a password? 

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter,

i still havent received anything but an mail about feedback on my recent Spotify Customer Service contact!! Any tips left 🙂 ?

Lennart

Suggested posts