Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not receiving device password email

Solved!

Not receiving device password email

Hi - I just upgraded to Spotify Premium, and I want to setup my iPhone and Sonos device to use it.  I saw that I needed to create a password, and to click on a set-device-password link to get started, which was supposed to send me an email to my registered email account.  However, I have not yet received this email.  My device username is 124507541 - I have checked spam folders, but nothing has come through, and I have tried this link several times.

Can someone tell me if Spotify is having a problem?

79 Replies

If it takes (or can take) 24 hours to arrive, why does the green field (the one that appears after I push the "send me an email" button) say that an email HAS BEEN SENT to you? Regular post with the poststamps and the dude carrying the bag takes days, emails dont...if it has been sent, it should arrive within seconds, or minutes. If it is an automatic email (which I think it should be, on any other site it always is). If it is sent manually, it is Not sent yet, the text should say: we will send an email to you, when we get there...-.- I pushed the button 3 times before coming here and realizing they will probably send me three emails tomorrow, and they might not be usable, because maybe only the last one has the correct link...? (whenever I ask for new, the old one expires...?) Also, I won't be hanging on my email tomorrow, but enjoying some summer and whatnot. But my plan was, that I will listen to some good **bleep** on Monday while I'm driving my usual 2 hours -.- I knew I shouldn't have gave in to technology and get a smartphone... whatever I'm trying to do with it, -and getting my hopes up that it will add to the quality of my life-,  it is a pain in the ass 😄

That was really hard to read. If the device password doesn't arrive, get in touch with the support guys hereIf you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

Exactly. 

1 - I'm a paying customer, how hard could it get to send a password for god's sake. 

2 - If you cannot generate device passwords on the fly at least re-phrase that message so I'm not searching the email for 10 minutes for no reason because it has not been sent - in fact it's possible it's never going to be sent at all. 

Really lame solution guys. 

By the way, I haven't received a device password either. I cannot get botherd to contact support for this. Either you send the device password in the next 10 hours or I'll use a different music service for my home audio device and downgrade spotify. I'm anyway kinda pissed off because you can't port your Smart TV app for Series 6 Samsung TV's - meanwhile Deezer has an app, and it's working just fine. 

Cheers.

K

I have the same issue.  I've reached out to Spotify support with no response over 24 hours later.  Is this really still and issue 2 years later?  How could they not have figured this out yet?

amazing. i'm having the exact same issue too. signed up for premium on sunday, had the same experience, used the online contact form. now it's tuesday and i have yet to hear back.

it is really disappointing to see that this thread dates back two years. i left spotify for rdio a while back because they had better web support. i was excited to see all the device support spotify has now, so i figured i'd give it another try. this is starting to look like it'll be a short lived experiment...

here's the support case in case anyone official cares: Spotify Support Case # 02905412: I can’t log in to Spotify ref:00DDpxIW.500DuuKVm:ref

Yeah, this is beyond ridiculous.  An issue that should take 30 seconds to resolve seems to take days/weeks.  Did anyone on this thread receive help?  My case number is Case #: 02912776.

Okay, I think this is the solution for this problem.  Give this a try.  I will also try later this evening.

1. Go to https://www.facebook.com/settings, then click on the Secuirty tab to the left.
  2. On the line App Passwords click Edit
  3. Click the Generate App Passwords link
  4. Click the Generate App Passwords button
  5. Enter a friendly name for what this is for i.e. Spotify
  6. Click Generate Password
  7. Copy the password in the normal spotify logon password box.
  8. enter your FB email address as the username.

that worked. thanks so much for the reply!

Hey jayekub,

What device were you using it on?  Did you use your FB email as the username?  did you enter the password in uppercase or lowercase?  I'm still not able to make it work on my Onkyo devicee.

i'm using it with https://www.mopidy.com/. i used my fb email as username, and the password exactly as displayed by fb when generated (all letters were upercase).

good luck getting it to work with your device!

Hurrah!

Many thanks for this extremely useful info. i was banging my head against the desk wondering why Spotify weren't sending me any device password emails.

I'm having the same problem man, please help me out :c it's been days and i've seen emails and forms and no help.
Account # is 12120573219

@12120573219

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi! I haven't received my device password link either.

Spotify Case # 03571863

Thank you so much!

I need help with this as well, I have been trying for MONTHS and I'm getting VERY irritated with this. You all are quick to take the money out of my account, but I have yet to receive the email to connect to other devices.

Hey folks, Spotify staff here. You're all having this issue because you signed up via Facebook, not by creating your own username and password. 

Please sign in with your FB email and password. If you need to reset that password please go to Facebook.com

Did not work. Why would an alternate device username be issued if we could just log on with Facebook details? Makes no sense. My ID is 114785243 and I want this email to set my device password please!!

Well, even if we signed up via Facebook, we still should have a username that could have a password as well. Somehow we have to be present in your database.

So, why is it so hard to fix this issue once and for all?! And why is there a possibility to sign up with FB and no warnings about the limitations of this option?!

i'm trying to connect to spotify with my logitech Squeezebox ... ther is no option to login using FB credentials on that device. when i just fill in my fb user and pass it aint working. i need the device ID and a password i didn't recieve.

Im still not receiving the "get password" email. It has been over 24 hours, and Ive checked my junk email. 

Is this still an issue?

Cheers, Rich

Suggested posts