Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not receiving reset password email

Solved!

Not receiving reset password email

Hi,

i have a customer who's desparately trying to connect to his spotify account but doesn't succeed because he doesn't know his password & username.

He only knows the emailaddress that was used during registration of his account.

when we try to do a password reset, we get the message that a mail was sent with more information, but this mail doesn't arrive in the inbox, also not in the spam folder.

The account wasn't/hasn't been linked to facebook.

i've tried to ask spotify support to change the customer's emailaddress but no answer there.

any ideas, spotify team  ?

25 Replies

trying to recieve password for my other devices but still waiting been 3 weeks so far and no emails...please help...even purchased premium account to see if speed up process..

@debbyrn20 - If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they can get one of those out to you manually as soon as possible. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It seems like I am not the first one to have this probelm so I really dont understand why Spotify can't fix it for good: I am trying to reset my apssword on my PREMIUM account but I never receive the email for password reset.

And YES, I have checked my spam folder - nothing there!!!

Thanks for help - This is really frustrating

After I contacted support I received a manually sent email with my password reset link. I think that's your best way to go. Goodluck.

Hi, I've been a spotify premium member for a few years now under username "kuspakai" and recently forgot my login password. I tried sending a reset email but after a few days I haven't received one. 

Weirder still is that I tried logging in under the username "kuspakai" with an old password and spotify logged me into my free account that I have connected to facebook. Not sure how I got into that account with a different username, but all I want to do is recover my password for my premium account with the username "kuspakai". Is there a way to send a reset email directly?

Thank you in advance!

Kai

I have a similar issue. I create an account but do not have access to that email anymore. I contacted support and they sent me to this forum which is sending me back to support. I need to change the email on my account before i can reset my password

Suggested posts