Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not receiving songs in Inbox

Solved!

Not receiving songs in Inbox

Greetings,

Seems to be an account related issue as it is behaving the same way on my iPhone, iPad, and desktop. I can send songs to people and the song will go to their inbox (as well as create a message in their facebook inboxes) but when they try and send to me I receive a facebook message but nothing in the inbox.

I have uninstalled the desktop app. Created a password for my username and tried logging in on all the devices with that instead of the facebook credentials, and upgraded to the for-pay account. Nothing resolved the issue.

However the mobile apps now both say, "32 days remaining in your Trial." So apparently instead of activating a full account I bought 30 more days of the trial account? 

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. The inbox is kind of one of the most attractive features of the service for me.

-Ian

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, so I think I know what is happening. Apparently, Facebook has just rolled out this "Facebook Email" setting where they provide each user with an @facebook.com email account. I logged out of Spotify and tried logging in with this email and my Facebook password. After logging in, I was presented with a screen asking me if I was a new Spotify user or if the Facebook account was associated with my existing Spotify account. After clicking the link for an existing Spotify user, I was logged into Spotify. Then I had a friend try sending me a song again and this time it showed up in my Spotify Inbox. I also recieved a message in my Facebook messages folder.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I as well haven't been able to receive any inbox material for a week now. It would be nice to get a fix as other friends and I rely on it to spread new music. 

View solution in original post

78 Replies

Hi iannitram - That's very odd indeed. Let's see if we can get this sorted for you. 

I've just done a bit of behind-the-scenes maintenance on your account. Please just do a clean installation on your desktop and sign in with your Facebook email/ password. 

Soon as that's done let me know. I'll then send you a track so we can test this out. Thanks!

10-4. Thank you for the quick response. Doing it now.

App is now reinstalled.

I killed the Spotify App, the Spotify Application Support file, 2 plist files, and the cache.

Up and running again. Still nothing in the inbox.

Logged in this time using Facebook.

-Ian

(might this be in some way related to a Facebook security setting I have dialed up?)

Hi iannitram - Great, thanks for getting back me.

I've just sent a track your way. Is it in your inbox now?

No

edit: Incidentally, that's on all 3 devices as well. I killed the iOS versions and reinstalled. Nothing on those either.

Alright, we're going to try a few more steps here. However, it will require some personal details so I'm sending you a direct email. 

Please keep an eye on your inbox for that message. Over and out. 

Sounds good. Keeping an eye out. 

I am having the same problem. I have performed the suggested steps that were mentioned in this thread and was wondering what the final solution was. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am recieving messages on Facebook that a friend has shared a track with me; they are just not ending up in my spotify inbox.

Try logging in and out a couple of times. That might get it working.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hey Terry,

They had me try creating a new account. Still did it with that one. As far as I know, their IT is working on my part of this presently. I have a feeling it has something to do with my Facebook account, since the two are so closely tied together.

But whenever I hear back from them I'll report.

-Ian

Marked as solution

Ok, so I think I know what is happening. Apparently, Facebook has just rolled out this "Facebook Email" setting where they provide each user with an @facebook.com email account. I logged out of Spotify and tried logging in with this email and my Facebook password. After logging in, I was presented with a screen asking me if I was a new Spotify user or if the Facebook account was associated with my existing Spotify account. After clicking the link for an existing Spotify user, I was logged into Spotify. Then I had a friend try sending me a song again and this time it showed up in my Spotify Inbox. I also recieved a message in my Facebook messages folder.

I'll give it a go.

If that is the case I'd be more suprised that this forum isn't flooded with this problem. Will report back soon.

-Ian

Guh. This worked.

I certainly do not want to use that Facebook e-mail and that e-mail address is not removable from my facebook account. I have made my normal e-mail my primary e-mail on my facebook account but this still only works with my non-deletable facebook e-mail.

Interesting that this is only affecting a few people? If anyone comes up with a fix I'd be interested. I do not want to use my facebook e-mail to login.

-Ian

I agree, I have no interest in using the facebook specific email. My personal email is also set up as my primary email. I'm guessing it probably is affecting more people, it just isn't being reported...yet.

Hey guys,

Good, although puzzling, find with the @facebook email addresses. Can you just confirm that when logging in with the @facebook.com address the inbox works fine but if you directly afterwards log in with your "real" address it doesn't? And nothing else changes in the client except for the inbox functionality?

Hi,

I am having this problem as well.  I tried to fix it by reading through these posts and logging in with my facebook email.  It worked once and then stopped receiving songs in my inbox again after that.  Do you know how I can fix this problem?  Thank you!

I'm having the same issue, but it's only intermitten. I receive all the notifications ( or at least I think all of them ) in my facebook inbox, but only some in the spotify inbox. This has been an issue for about a week.

Hi blutderengel - Have you tried signing in with that Facebook email address as @terryschmidt posted above?

Let us know how that works for you--thanks!

Hi @Meredith,

I tried signing in with my facebook email and it still does not work.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Suggested posts