Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Password text massage from 32665

Solved!

Password text massage from 32665

Hi, 

I forgot my password and in the midst of retyping it into the text box (a few times :)) I received a text massage from 32665 giving me a login number to use instead of my password.

I haven't linked my Spotify to my Facebook and I do not have my mobile phone number saved within my Spotify account details, therefore I was wondering if this was a valid number and message from Spotify? Google seems to suggest it is spam?

In the meantime I have reset my password so no problmes there 🙂

Thanks you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

To login to your Spotify account just make sure you login with your Spotify username and not your email address. On the login page all email address logins authenticate via Facebook. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hello!

Hmmm.. thats weird. If you reset your password everything should be fine 🙂 That number seems to be from Facebook, so maybe you were having problems with your password on Facebook? Just to make sure, you were not logging in with Facebook, right?

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Sounds like a login verification text from Facebook, where you logging in using your Spotify username? (Logging in using an email address is Facebook authentication)

Peter

Thanks to both of you.

I was definately logging into Spotify, it was the Spotify desktop app. Although they share the same email address there isnt a link between my Spotify and Facebook.

I guess i'll just have to keep an eye on both my accounts!

Marked as solution

To login to your Spotify account just make sure you login with your Spotify username and not your email address. On the login page all email address logins authenticate via Facebook. 😉

Peter

Thanks Peter 🙂

sger@gmail.com

VfCkmU4.png

dsx  s

Can we correct Spotify to not connect to Facebook w/o consent from Spotify user? There may be legal implication of Spotify automatically using F/B without users consent. In my case, the reason I created a non-facebook account was because I did not want Spotify to connect to it

Suggested posts