Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pause Premium's subscription?

Solved!

Pause Premium's subscription?

Traveling around for 6 months (Mars to August). Can we pause/put on hold our Premium subscription and resume it upon return home?

We will be renting our apartment under this period to people who already have Spotify Premium.

Thank you for your help,

Regards,

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Tomasagustafsso wrote:

One more thing then, since we have no choice than to cancel for 6 month and re-subscrib upon return, can you please tell me how I can copy in some way my play lists so I can re-do them on an easy way when I re-suscrib?

Thank you,

There is no need, your playlists will remain on your account even when it reverts to Spotify free.

When you get back, just log in using the same details as before and all your playlists will be there waiting for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

@Tomasagustafsso wrote:

Traveling around for 6 months (Mars to August). Can we pause/put on hold our Premium subscription and resume it upon return home?

We will be renting our apartment under this period to people who already have Spotify Premium.

Thank you for your help,

Regards,

Hey 🙂 

You could always keep up your subscription so you could listen anywhere in the world (on Spotify premium) as long as you continue to pay for it from your registered country by credit card. 

If you still want to cancel, just head to your subscription page and cancel your current subscription. Once that is done, your account will return to Spotify free after you have used all your remaining premium days. When you are back, its just a case of hitting the button to subscribe again 😉 

Peter

Peter

OK thank you,

But still I think it is a pitty that the offer to put on hold one subscription (like news papers) is not given. Especialy when one is around the world with no way to listen to its Spotify (no devices during travel) for months.

Take care,

One more thing then, since we have no choice than to cancel for 6 month and re-subscrib upon return, can you please tell me how I can copy in some way my play lists so I can re-do them on an easy way when I re-suscrib?

Thank you,

Marked as solution

@Tomasagustafsso wrote:

Thank you,

There is no need, your playlists will remain on your account even when it reverts to Spotify free.

When you get back, just log in using the same details as before and all your playlists will be there waiting for you. 

Peter

Peter

(...)

If you still want to cancel, just head to your subscription page and cancel your current subscription. Once that is done, your account will return to Spotify free after you have used all your remaining premium days. When you are back, its just a case of hitting the button to subscribe again 😉 

Peter

Thanks for the tips guys, but I'd like to make something clear...

I just got myself my 1st time subscription (the promo one: 3 months = 0,99€). I bought it to use it when I'd be travelling mostly.

However, the Free features allow me to do everything I need to gather and arrange (almost fully) my library of songs. I tend to listen randomly to many songs I select from a couple of artists (sometimes most of their discography) and then, if I like each songs that comes around, I save it on my songs or my favourites and then erase it from the temporary playlist it is in.

That's my plan to organize my library to the full extension so then I could use the Premium features to listen to some songs speciffically and then just enjoy everything (even if randomly) when I do not have a connection to the internet.

With that said, I followed your solution and cancelled my subscription right after the purchase, but on my subscription page (and even on my settings page), it reads "Your Premium is due to end at 2016-01-05.(...)".

TL;DR: My question is:

- Will I lose my Premium "days", even if I don't use them within the time of the purchase??? If I end up still not using Premium till January, will I lose what I paid for?

Thank you.

Suggested posts