Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paying $12.99 instead of $9.99 a month

Solved!

Paying $12.99 instead of $9.99 a month

I upgraded to spotifuggle premium through the Spotify app on my iPad. For some reason, instead of getting charged $9.99, I was charged a $12.99/month rate (and the rate actually charge showed up on my card as $15.22 as a charge from iTunes). Does anyone know why I am getting charged a higher rate, or why this would even be showing up as a charge from iTunes?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there welcome!

Apple gets 30% of every transaction, that's why you are charged 12.99$ instead of 9.99$. To change your subscription from itunes to the regular subscription, you will need to cancel your itunes subscription. This can be done by following the steps mentioned here. Then you have to resubscribe by going to the upgrade page.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there welcome!

Apple gets 30% of every transaction, that's why you are charged 12.99$ instead of 9.99$. To change your subscription from itunes to the regular subscription, you will need to cancel your itunes subscription. This can be done by following the steps mentioned here. Then you have to resubscribe by going to the upgrade page.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Thanks for the help, Jordi!

I've been on spotty premium for about two years paying £9.99 a month, I recently lost my bank card and had a replacement, I didn't get round to changing my card details for my direct debit, as I didn't realise I had to!!! I've since lost premium and when I've gone to sign back up they're asking me for £12.99.a month. Can anyone help me with how I go back to paying what I've always payed, otherwise I'll be listening to my music through a different streaming site. Thanks in advance. Josh

I've seen Spotify advertised for new users as $9.99, yet I'm being charged $12.99, is there anyway to get charged the cheaper rate instead?

Suggested posts