Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paying for premium but subscription says I am on free.

Paying for premium but subscription says I am on free.

I'm trying to cancel my spotify premium which I pay £9.99 a month for. Whilst trying to cancel, I was directed to my subscription page and informed that I am on the free version.

Why have I been charged for this service?

Please cancel my account.
11 Replies

Hi there!

You said that you wanted to cancel your Premium, and now you're on Free. I'm not quite sure if I understand your question, but if you cancel your Premium subscription your account will be set to Free. 

Take a look at your account page here https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Does it says Premium or Free?

You can also have a look at your receipts there to see when the last time you were billed. 

Hope this helps!

Hi, thanks for your reply. 

Yes, I have been paying 9.99 a month for about a year and not really using spotify. Before I tried to cancel (which is near enough impossible) I looked at my subscription and it says that I am on the free version. This means I have been paying for the free version! 

I just want my money back as even though I am on the free version I can guarantee that spotify will take this month's payment. 

Is it possible that you have more than one account? Have your checked your receipts? What does they say, when was the last time money was drawn, and in what username?

Hi, it says my. Subscription is free and there is no receipts!

My bank statement says I have been charged by spotify every month!

I detect fraud here.

Is there a way to contact spotify directly?

Cheers.

Alright. 

This means that you either have two accounts (maybe you signed up both with Facebook and with your email?) or that someone has your card info and has been using it to pay for Spotify. 

You should contact Spotify here: https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

When you get an reply email, be sure to reply to that email (even if it's from an no-reply address). Then wait for about 24-48 hrs and you'll get a reply from an employee. 

Hope this helps!

Surprise surprise, another payment to spotify went out again and every link to cancelling my subscription end up with me back at the page saying that my subscription is the free version.

It is not possible to stop the payment through PayPal either. This is actually fraud.

NOT happy.

I am going through that same problem. I just noticed that they have been taking money from me since march. I am now going to take this dispute up with my bank as well. All I want is the return of my money

I am having the same issue

I am having same issue. Account info says free, but they take from PayPal every month.

Nowhere to get out of this hell!!! I am Pissed Off. I have spent hours going around in circles and end up at the same place, Free subscription , Charged $10.00 a month

Exactly the same. Bunch of scammers. They've replied saying that it's
cancelled but I can guarantee that this time next month I will be charged.

Paypal accounts get hijacked more than Paypal will admit. Try contacting PayPal.

Suggested posts