Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists and everything else gone after connecting to facebook

Hello,

I had two accounts. One was a regular Spotify-account without any connection to facebook. I used that one years ago and put in just a few songs. I also had an account with a Facebook login, which I used all the time with everything in it.

Today, I subscribed to Premium, but it happened just on the older account without the  FB-login. So in fact I bought Premium for the account I don't use with nothing in it. So I figured out that I could connect the old account to the FB-account. That did work, but now when I log in with or without the FB-login, I land on my account with only the old stuff! Everything from my FB-account-login is gone now! 

How could this have happened, and more importantly, how am I gonna get it back? Or better: how can I get it all back AND enjoy premium on the right account??

UPDATE: I disconnected the FB-account from within the account and tried to login again. Now the FB-linked-account is completely gone!! 😞

Hope to hear from you.

6 Replies

Hi @ralphitz. Sorry that you've run into this issue. Your best bet for getting this sorted will be with the help of support. Support can be reached one of three ways: through the online contact form; on twitter by reaching out to @SpotifyCares; or by sending a message to the Spotify Cares Facebook page. Please be aware that responses may take anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the volume of tickets support is currently handling.

In regards to the contact form, upon filling it out you should receive a confirmation email, usually a generic message containing the information you provided and instructions to visit these forums. If after 24 hours you do not hear back from a support team member, please reply directly back to the confirmation email, even if it originates from a no-reply address. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please check your spam folder. If it is not present there, please attempt using one of the other contact methods, or, if you are unable to use the alternatives, please let me know.

Thank you for your reply. I contacted the customer service by filling in the contact form, but I did not get a confirmation e-mail (I also checked out Spam and other folders in my mail). Because of that, I'm not sure Customer Service ever received my message and will take care of it. I send another message just now, and again, no confirmation. So please if you could take care of my problem in an alternative way, please.

Hi @ralphitz. Spotify's automated ticket system seems to have hit a rough patch as of late. Are you able to contact support through twitter or Facebook? 

I have been able to connect with Twitter support. They put the message
through to Customer support but still no confirmation. I really want to get
it fixed because now I'm spending my holiday without my music...

If twitter put it through to customer support you should hear from them soon. I don't know if you'd receive a confirmation email going through that route, so at this point in time I wouldn't worry about not gettin one. Please let me know if you don't hear back from them in about 24 hours. Hope your holiday is still enjoyable. 

Guess 24 hours are passed... still no reply. Already a few days passed since the problem occured and barely any repsonse that will be looked into the problem... 😞

Suggested posts