Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Upgrade Javascript Problem

Premium Upgrade Javascript Problem

Hello everyone,

today I tried to upgrade my free account to a premium one. But as soon as I try to chose a payment method, I get the message that I have to activate javascript to make the order. Now here is the problem. On three different computers I tried it in firefox, chrome and IE but I get the same message, that I have to activate javascipt. But it is activated for all websites in all three browsers. I even double checked it.

Would be really kind, if anyone could help me with my problem.

Regards,

Nina

15 Replies

Hi there! I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Handle @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

If you submit the contact form instead of the Twitter Message, make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hi Nina.

Same problem here. Any solution so far?

Regards,

Kai

Okay. This worked:

I disabled all browser add-ons. Upgraded my Spotify account and after that I enabled all my add-ons.

Greetz!

Hey, bei mir sind keine Add-ons aktiviert. Es hat trotzdem nicht funtioniert.

Worked for me! OSX 10.6.8 Safari 5

Thankyou very much!

In my case it was enough to disable Adblock.

habe das selbe Problem..

I had the same problem... For me it worked to deactivate all pug-ins in the chrome settings and the browser protector of my antivirus programme (Avira) before upgrading to spotify premium ... after that I reset everything ... Hope this can help

I had the same problem .. and nippomuk's solution worked.

But it is a mystery to me that why of why in the world! Spotify did not fix this in the two months that the problem was known...? Incredibly lazy, and not promising at all with regards to my renewed premium subscription. Will other problems that we may encounter be solved, or ignored too? You're the greatest music service in the world, but you must keep on improving if you want to STAY that. Take notice of your users.

I am sure that it did cost them a considerable number of premium sales. 

This a great comment! Spotify, please read! Thankyou!

Try closing Safari, it worked for me

Yea, disable all Add-Ons.. works lol

this doesn't work for me though and I'm sure I don't have any add-ons enabled..is there another way?

I switched device. Subscribed using my phone. I sent an inquiry form, and they also suggested trying incognito mode in your browser (which didn't work for me, but might be working for you).

I am having the same problem. Since about a year now and I have tried all of the suggestions. I can't upgrade my account to premium. It has gotten me very angry and I have the feeling we users are helpless.

Suggested posts