Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium account back to free

Solved!

Premium account back to free

Hi there,

I have a premium account for a few months now, but suddenly my account went back to a free account. Are there more users with this problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi mwout. I've poked around and it doesn't seem like anyone else is experiencing this right now. Few questions for you. Did your previous month's premium run all the way through, or did your subscription stop mid premium? If your premium finished and didn't auto-renew, are all your payment details still up to date? Is it possible your card has expried or your bank has put a hold on your account?

If the premium stopped mid subscription, or there isn't anything wrong with your payment method, then I believe your best bet would be to get in touch with support. Note that if you receive an automated email directing you to the community and/or help boards, make sure you reply directly to that email (even if it is from a no reply address) and support will get back to you as soon as possible.

Keep in mind that since it is the weekend you might not hear back until tomorrow, or perhaps Tuesday. Support usually replies within 24-48 hours, though, so don't fret. Let me know if you need anything else!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi mwout. I've poked around and it doesn't seem like anyone else is experiencing this right now. Few questions for you. Did your previous month's premium run all the way through, or did your subscription stop mid premium? If your premium finished and didn't auto-renew, are all your payment details still up to date? Is it possible your card has expried or your bank has put a hold on your account?

If the premium stopped mid subscription, or there isn't anything wrong with your payment method, then I believe your best bet would be to get in touch with support. Note that if you receive an automated email directing you to the community and/or help boards, make sure you reply directly to that email (even if it is from a no reply address) and support will get back to you as soon as possible.

Keep in mind that since it is the weekend you might not hear back until tomorrow, or perhaps Tuesday. Support usually replies within 24-48 hours, though, so don't fret. Let me know if you need anything else!

Hi,

My premium did auto renew the past few months and my payment data is also still up to date. I'm going to contact spotify support, I hope they can help me. Thanks anyway!

im having the same problem... started today.. i am subscribed to spotify through my sprint account.. now spotify is asking me to add a credit card to subscribe.. ugh..

Problem solved!

I contacted spotify support and they concluded that there was a technical problem with my payment data. After some maintenance on my account I could upgrade my account again by adding my payment data again. 

I'm in the same situation. I'm being told that my account doesn't show a subscription or trial on it at all. Would be nice to know why this is only happening to my account and not my wife's. Her account is on the same sprint account.

Suggested posts