Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium not activating

Solved!

Premium not activating

Recently I purchased premium access. I submitted the subscription..but it didnt activate on either of my devices (Computer or Phone) If I open spotify on my google chrome browser it seems to work fine. I believe I tried all the obvious solutions such as logging out and back in, Deleting and re-installing the app, Updating my payment options, etc. and it appears nothing seems to work. the constint struggle for a functioning premium account is making me lose my mind. To sum this up as short as possible: I got robbed $10 by Spotify and from constant trial and error of either getting my money back or my moneys worth makes me lose my MIND!

UPDATE: My premium just activated last night. Thakfully it now works. For those of you experencing the same problem it important to be patient and stay positive (my solution).

I hope all of you find the solution to the problem and that the future sees you well.

I would also like to apologise for my childish behavior towards Spotify and their Community Service.

As you can understand this inconvenience created alot of tension and anger between me and Spotify.

pissed.png
thankgod.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

UPDATE: My premium just activated last night. Thakfully it now works. For those of you experencing the same problem it important to be patient and stay positive (my solution).

I hope all of you find the solution to the problem and that the future sees you well.

Have a good day! 🙂 

View solution in original post

thankgod.png
16 Replies

Sorry for the trouble! Premium usually activates instantly. There seems to be a delay right now.

Please be patient and try to log out and back in a few times every once in a while to see if it has activated.

You can also contact support:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

i'm having the same issue :'(, i paid to get premium and i stay in the free account... When will this activate ?

@pttebenjamin 

Sorry, there is currently an activation delay. Hopefully you'll have premium within several hours. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

I have the same problem too.

@bahriyelifek 

Sorry, there is currently an activation delay. Hopefully you'll have premium within several hours. Every once in a while try logging out and then back in to see if you have premium. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Same Problem !!!
Marked as solution

Have a good day! 🙂 

thankgod.png

Have a good day! 🙂 

thankgod.png
thankgod.png

@CallMeBrandon 

Glad to hear it finally activated!

Sorry for any inconvenience. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Bonjour, je ai moi même en gros Problème avec mon compte Spotify, CELA fait Un moment de petit que je te paye le Compte premium et voila que je te ne may ainsi Avoir accès au Fonctionnalité de celui ci Alors que je te suis encore abonné. Je voulais cancel mon abonnement et le souscrir un nouveau Mais je ne ai Même pas la possbilité de le faire. le Message suivant s'affiche:  Votre abonnement prépayé à Spotify Premium prendra fin le 29/03/2015 . Abonnez-vous pour de bon Pour Que la musique continue. Et vous n'aurez ainsi Besoin de recréditer Votre compte Tous les mois. Que Dois-je faire? 

bon ok je ne sais pas ce qu'il ma fait mais mon des mots ce sont rajouter a mon post bizarre ...

@evaaurelie 

Bonjour

Désolé, je parle anglais et je me sers d'une trasnlator. Vous rencontrez des problèmes avec la prime, même si vous êtes abonné? Spotify est conscient de ce problème et ils travaillent sur un correctif pour le moment.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Super et cela vas durée combien de temps encore ?

@evaaurelie 

Spotify n'a pas dit combien de temps cela prendrait, mais je espère bientôt.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Je vais avoir un mal à comprendre parce que je parle anglais.
Vous devez contacter le support, parce qu'ils ont des gens bilingues et ils seront en mesure de vous aider à mieux.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

Si vous recevez un courriel de réponse automatique vous dire pour vérifier la communauté, de répondre de nouveau à lui et leur dire que vous avez encore besoin d'aide

MattSudaSpotify Star

C'est déjà fait mais si vous voulais vous pouvez parler anglais cela ne me dérange pas je vais me débrouiller pour parler anglais aussi

Suggested posts