Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium options & features still enabled while using spotify free

Premium options & features still enabled while using spotify free

Hello,

A while ago, I bought the 3 month Spotify premium offer back in December and since then enjoyed it.

Later on, I had canceled my subscription to premium near the end of the 3 months and everything seemed fine.

Though for some reason every time I would start up Spotify on my windows computer, I would keep getting those blue flag popups saying "you are now using Spotfiy free". I also get a problem where it still keeps the options in preferences such as high quality streaming still checked when I start Spotify up even though I'm now on Spotify free.

I've tried reinstalling Spotify to the newest release and older versions but nothing seems to work. This only happens on the Desktop version of Spotify and not the web player or on my smartphone.

Capture3.PNG
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
3 Replies

Have you tried unchecking the "high quality streaming" option in the settings?

also try logging out and then back in

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The problem with that is everytime I would start spotify back up, the high quality streaming option is rechecked as if nothing happened.

I have also tried multiple times logging out and in and signing out everywhere but that didn't make a difference.

Try a clean reinstall:

First uninstall Spotify and then delete this folder:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Spotify
and C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Spotify

After that reinstall Spotify

If you can't find the folder, try this:

Uninstall Spotify: Start > Control Panel > Programs / Uninstall a Program > Spotify
Find your AppData folder and delete all Spotify data.
Start, run, type: %appdata% and hit enter
You probably see 4 folders; enter each and see if they contain a folder called Spotify. Delete the entire Spotify folder.
Restart your computer at this point.
Reinstall Spotify (download)

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts