Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium vs.. Unlimited vs.. Free 2014

Solved!

Premium vs.. Unlimited vs.. Free 2014

So, now with the changes to limitations etc I got lost.

Could someone explain to me like to an idiot, what is the difference in time limitations, mobile devices, ads etc, between Free, Unlimited and Premium versions?

If I'm listening on my tablet on a Free version, do I have any limits in terms of time, playlist/song selection etc?

Thanks in forward for any help provided 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There is none, apart from being able to listen abroad for more than 14 days, unlimited is the same as free on mobiles and tablets.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@myrkur  with unlimited you only get uninterupted listening on your PC.

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Hi. This chart should help 🙂

I've just upgraded to Unlimited, long in and out several times but it's still saying I'm a free user. Can you help me fix this?

Whoops wrong page..still, help? 🙂

Hi. Follow the steps in the first post in this thread and post there if you still have issues, thanks.

I do not understand. Can I choose wich music I want to listen too on Unlimited or can I only shuffle in Mobile?

In order to listen on demand on a mobile device, a Premium subscription will be necessary. Hope this helps!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

For a comparison table, check out:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Subscription-Comparison-Chart/td-p/666916

Peter

What is the point in paying for the Unlimited subscription from a Mobile perspective? It doesn't seem to offer much more than the free version. 

Marked as solution

There is none, apart from being able to listen abroad for more than 14 days, unlimited is the same as free on mobiles and tablets.

Peter

Thank you, that's what I needed to know.

I just downgraded to Unlimited as I don't really use the offline features any more. I have to say I am very, very disappointed to find out that I now have advertisements, cannot use the queue and am only able to shuffle play albums or playlists.

I completely agree! Basically all we are paying for is the ability to listen overseas and that is the last thing I am worried about. I only subscribed because I switched from android to apple and google music doesn't work well on apple. I plan on canceling my subscription and moving on, to something else. There is no point in paying and listening to ads.

I wouldn't mind if I was using 4G, but I'm not. 95% of the time when I want to use Spotify on my mobile, it's because I'm connected to a wireless network. I'll very rarely want to stream over 4G. Quite surprised that I'm actually paying money and getting ads.

Spotify Unlimited only gives you ad-free listening on the desktop and web players. On mobile devices and tablets, the service you get with Unlimited is identical to Spotify free (apart from the abroad listening time). 

When Spotify made the changes to Spotify Free, bringing it to mobile devices, they essentially condensed their subscription tiers into just Free and Premium, with the "idea" in my head anyways of getting rid of Unlimited - which is why it had no changes in the update. Unlimited is no longer advertised anywhere, and it is not available in the 20 markets which where most recently launched, read into that what you will. 

I've also put together a comparison table of all of the subscription plans here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Subscription-Comparison-Chart/td-p/666916

Peter

I personally don't see the point of Spotify Unlimited. If I'm not gonna have Premium, I'll just have free. No way in heck am I paying $5 a month just for ad free listening on my computer. I'm a Premium customer and I love it. What have you got to lose for just $10 a month? (only thing I can see that you have to lose is when Spotify has random annoying bugs that dum down the experience 😕 but it's ok cause I know they're working hard to fix it 🙂 )

Rockin them drums

just for my complete understanding... the diference between the optios of spotify unlimited and spotify premiun is the time?? i mean 15 days for unlimited and 30 days for premiun?? 

@Peter wrote:

See this topic for all of the differences:

Peter

Hi, I bought a voucher to use spotify for two months and i got the unlimited version. So basically i pay to listen to it. And in my profile it says that my voucher is valid until january 7th 2015. Until now i could play music normally but since this week i get ads between songs on my tablet. Do you think that's normal for someone who actually does pay to use spotify? Thx in advance for the reply
Marked as solution

@myrkur  with unlimited you only get uninterupted listening on your PC.

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

Suggested posts