Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Profile picture not displayed

Profile picture not displayed

I created a spotify account then linked it to my Facebook Page
However the picture still does not appear on my spotify profile
Can I insert a profile pic any other way? Twitter maybe?
16 Replies

Hey 🙂 

Sometimes it can take a little time for any changes to profile names and pictures to be displayed. 

Give it 24 hours to correct itself - if not post back here and we can troubleshoot further 🙂 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Fifteen days have passed and still nothing
It seems that my account has problem connecting to fb
I cannot share anything from spotify on fb
Could someone check it out and let me know what I can do
I repeat that this is a fb page account

Thank you for your reply Peter but the problem has not been resolved

You can't connect Spotify to Facebook pages, it only works with personal profiles I'm afraid. 

Peter

Peter

i have the same issue can u pls check my account... 

@tayfuniper wrote:

i have the same issue can u pls check my account... 

What is your Spotify username @tayfuniper ? 

If it is "tayfuniper" then your account is not showing as connected to Facebook so your profile displays your Spotify username and no profile picture. 

Peter

Peter

Peter, I defer to you since i do not know who can provide me with the relevant information.

I am part of the team running Plisskën Festival, and when Spotify was introduced in Greece, we saw it as a means to provide our public with music material/playlists from the bands we showcase (a practice which we have been performing so far with the likes of mixcloud, but we were attracted to Spotify due to its highly involvement in social media). However our experience of Spotify on this precise aspect thus far has been troublesome and I would require your assistance with some issues we have been experiencing with our Spotify account: Plisskënfest (https://play.spotify.com/user/plissk%C3%ABnfest)

We created an email-based account, then connected it to our Facebook Page, however since then we figured out through your community support that FB Pages cannot be linked to Spotify accounts…which is quite a conundrum since we have approximately 9,000 fans who are not aware of our Spotify account due to this hinderance. Furthermore, the fact that we cannot connect our Spotify account to the FB Page results to our inability to share our playlists. Lastly, the lack of profile picture deducts from the status of the account. I would also, like to know how we can be part of the list of "who to follow". 

I am certain that you will be able to assist me with my quest to improve our Spotify account, or at least direct me to someone who can. 

Thank you in advance for your cooperation,

Eleni

Unfortunately @Plisskënfest Spotify licensing is for "personal usage only" which is why they only allow you to connect to personal Facebook pages. 

I can't really give you anymore guidance than that I am afraid. The best people to ask are the Spotify support team directly using the online contact form as they should be able to give you all of the details of what Spotify can/can't do in this situation.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

I am having this same issue. I have uninstalled and re-downloaded. I have tried logging in and out multiple times. Not only can I not see my profile but I cannot see anybody else's profile or search for users. It appears as if it is not connecting to my facebook, but I'm logging in with my facebook password. 

What is your numerical username @laurenklatt ?

Peter

I don't see a numerical username on my account info. Should I have one? I read that I would only have one if I signed up through facebook and I am pretty sure I did not sign up via facebook but connected it after the fact. My username is laurenklatt. 

Peter, I lied. I just found it by disconnecting from facebook. My number is 12134972726.

@laurenklatt - Just having a look at your profile, your username "laurenklatt" appears to be tied to Facebook and shows your real name and profile picture.

Peter

Okay, right. So maybe I signed up for it via facebook. I'm really not sure. The point is that I still have no feed or friends, or profile viewing capability, at least on my PC. I checked it on my mac this morning and the feed was back but nothing else. 

Spotify seem to be aware of some ongoing issues with profiles and Spotify social not being displayed. I'm trying to get more details now.

Peter

Hey there. Going to close this thread, since it sounds like it's related to this:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/My-profile-picture-and-name-won-t-sh...

If you could post any updates in there, we can keep it all in one place.

Suggested posts