Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Qualify for Education Discount via SheerID but Spotify site says I'm not eligible

Solved!

Qualify for Education Discount via SheerID but Spotify site says I'm not eligible

Like a few other people on here, I'm having a lot of trouble re subscribing to premium. I tried doing it through SheerID which says I'm enrolled, but when I continue to Spotify it tells me I don't qualify for the promotion. Tried with different browsers but no dice. Every time I email Spotify about the problem I'm having with paying for the Academic discount rate I get an automated email telling me to try paying with a different form of payment when I can't even get to that screen. Super frustrating when all I want to do is pay for music.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I finally got a resolution. E-mail support told me I should close my account and create a new one, but that was not an acceptable solution to me in the least. I reached out to @SpotifyCares on Twitter, and they suggested I wait until my current Premium subscription expire before I try the SheerID authentication again. I noticed my mobile app started playing ads about an hour ago so I took that as the cue to say that premium was expired, and I tried again on the SheerID site and it went through! Posting this as a solution for anybody else who's tried and haven't had success with a similar issue. Best of luck!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there and welcome to the community,

Have you tried doing a manual verification? This can be done by visiting the link below:

https://spotify.sheerid.com

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Yep, tried 3 different browsers (Chrome, IE, Safari) and all of them allow me to pass the sheerid page, but when I get to Spotify's payment page it states at the top: It appears that you are not eligible for the discounted product that you are trying to purchase. If you'd like you can still upgrade your account to premium at any time.

Attached are screenshots of what I'm experiencing.

Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 2.19.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 2.18.22 PM.png
Marked as solution

I finally got a resolution. E-mail support told me I should close my account and create a new one, but that was not an acceptable solution to me in the least. I reached out to @SpotifyCares on Twitter, and they suggested I wait until my current Premium subscription expire before I try the SheerID authentication again. I noticed my mobile app started playing ads about an hour ago so I took that as the cue to say that premium was expired, and I tried again on the SheerID site and it went through! Posting this as a solution for anybody else who's tried and haven't had success with a similar issue. Best of luck!

Thanks for sharing your solution. Enjoy your tunes!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Suggested posts