Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

REDEEM DOES NOT WORK in a different country

REDEEM DOES NOT WORK in a different country

Copy-pasted from another thread, so that people can find it :

==========================================================================================================

So, to cut a long story short, WHEN YOU BUY SPOTIFY AS A GIFT TO SOMEONE, IF THAT SOMEONE LIVES IN A DIFFERENT COUNTRY, YOUR CODE DOESN'T WORK! - SOLUTION: THEY HAVE TO CHANGE THE COUNTRY THEN REDEEM THE GIFT.

That really sounds as ridiculous as your customer support. The unfortunate thing for me is that I really loved the service and although I would never pay for music that does not stay on my machine, everything else, the quality, the breadth of the collection, all of it somehow convinced me.. But customer support SUCKS BIG TIME!

FIx the freaking no-reply thing ppl.. For f...s sake!!!

==========================================================================================================

2 Replies

Was it a physical gift card or eCard you where having issues with?

It is pretty clearly mentioned on the eCard purchase page they are country specific.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Well it probably is.. now!

By the way, how about putting it on the actual card too? (check the image below)

Oh, and let me ask.. Your idea of customer support is that someone need to reply to a NO-REPLY email to get a response?

Like, SERIOUSLY?!? Should I have to look around at forums to find a hack to even be able to contact customer support?

How about like.. paying someone to relpy to a darn phone with all that money from premium subscriptions?.. Or even send a darn email, if that's too much.. I would really like to hear your thoughts on this... I see noone else replying.....

Capture.PNG

Suggested posts