Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recover deleted playlist

Solved!

Recover deleted playlist

Know this is a long shot but.... I've accidentally deleted a playlist I've spent weeks working on. Is there any way of getting it back?

It's called 'Boat party' and there was about 100 songs on it. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ip-- Have a look in your inbox, I believe we help sort this out for ou. 

Mongolacken-- Great, glad to hear you were able to get your playlists back!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I'm sorry if i caused any trouble, though I've managed to retreive the list slappppp by myself, it was still there when I logged on my mac beacause it was the list i had open when i last used it, then i just linked it to myself in the web browser and subscribed and now it's there as before. Might help someone out there. Regards.

Marked as solution

Hi 

Have done the same when syncing my IPAD, in error I deleted my playlist named: Topsoil, and when it synced all it was gone on my computer as well. I'm not so lucky I have Apple on the computer it's Microsoft, my account name is : stefanlrabt.

Premium subscriber, what can you do possibly to get it back?

Many thanks for trying

Marked as solution

Hey everyone, 

If you've found you accidentally deleted a playlist, I recommend filling out our contact form

As this thread grows we're less able to help with each post. Not to worry though. A member of our support team will look at your case and see what can be recovered. 

Marked as solution

Hi 🙂 

Are you the guy with super powers, that can restore deletet playlists?

I just made the same mistake, like many other users. Updatet to Unlimitet, and then wantet to resync my files on my iphone, to get the files in high quality.  Then i stupidly pressed delete playlist, not knowing that also my playlist on my laptop was deletet.

I've been able to find the BNK playlist file on my laptop, but i'm not able to open it?

could you please help me?

Sorry about my english, i'm from Denmark.

Marked as solution

I have also accidentally deleted a playlist -  it was called "cubicle" . Please let me know if there is a way to resurrect it. Thank you!

Marked as solution

I do believe these are the playlists you're looking for :

cblake34: spotify 

arbro11: Cubicle

Marked as solution

Hisnarry1986- I believe I've found those for you. Have a look in your personal email as I've just sent some links your way. 

Marked as solution

I accidentally just deleted one of my playlists. The title of it is a music note (dot) heart (dot) smiley face. Would you mind recovering that for me? Thanks so much!

Edit* recovered it myself as well. if you have Spotify linked with facebook, you can click on a song in your playlist, and your playlist will open up in Spotify. Click the title of the playlist and drag it into your sidebar of playlists. Enjoy! 🙂

Marked as solution

Eriksen - I think I've just done it for you. If you log out and in again, you should be ok.

Devonhendy - Jeez, can totally understand that. Think I've got it. Just click on this... erica

Lillstrumpan - I think I've just reversed it. Like Eriksen, just log out and in again.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

Hi dommue91- I've just had a look at your account and I can see 46 active playlists. Are you not seeing any of these? 

Please try shutting down the app and signing back in with your Facebook email/ password. I also recommend a clean resintallation of the app on your desktop. You can find instructions right here

Marked as solution

Lizziehancock - I think I've just recovered it for you. Just log out and in again, it should be there.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

mattblank - here's all the tracks, just copy-paste the lot into your playlist:

Spoiler

spotify:track:4bm0ugegh4zB9bhSwHMLC3
spotify:track:6srUkxlX09Nhc4GcgDWGGC
spotify:track:6PhkPs228W5gJNSWoQiS2R
spotify:track:756juKwBfFSyXV3x00xdDX
spotify:track:6BMEoP2kpqDHEvB7FHUC4Q
spotify:track:0SHIJB7Kaf9ZIFKCcuiDcR
spotify:track:5emS5TZl2g8l17nqd5KmZh
spotify:track:2ZCLWXEIrnKGbZJd0BjfER
spotify:track:7tdXvaCZmWZJOrZE9zFXpr
spotify:track:4NZ8I7i0MdLbOJKhVVHUml
spotify:track:3ehrxAhYms24KLPG8FZe0W
spotify:track:0XTGNBEQ1arvEZ6qJnLB6O
spotify:track:19JEIJ60Q2NWA3o7qGQ0LT
spotify:track:4prxkz51LTnPN8wPpdpQ1M
spotify:track:2NL4BBBSgypHnxUKmQdYcT
spotify:track:58CrldAc1Z5WIBozT1NMJH
spotify:track:6HkNDcyWdnFXCBkDV5WXNO
spotify:track:5EWRlakCLjrpf1zjsWd9Ku
spotify:track:2gUjs3Y8RoPpwozKyQDCUa

Dresius - it looks like that playlist has 513 tracks in it, is that not correct? I've tried updating it anyway, so try logging out and in again.

Brentmcgill757 - is this the one? Sweet Melodies 

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Marked as solution

Donna1508 - Is this the one? this and that 😉

Sgorgis - How about this... Great Pop Music

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

Hi elvind2k & mrowen83- I've got emails on their way to both of you with those playlists. 

I hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything else!

Marked as solution

I¨ve too deleted my playlist, it was called Yeah, help plzz 🙂

Thanks in advance! 

Marked as solution

Hey RAL- No problem. An email is on its way to you too 🙂

Marked as solution

Hi jlusby- Please log out and log back  into your app. You should find those stereotypically 80's tracks are back!

As far as the 'confirm' button I don't believe that's ever been an option when deleting just one track. However, when you delete a playlist you're given the option to 'Keep' or 'Delete' before that deletion goes through. 

Marked as solution

Encolpe - Found it! Rock is dead

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

Gallarmusic - Could you log out and in again. Your playlist should be there waiting.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

Sorry, disregard my post! I tried re-logging into spotify and the list was restored 😄 

Marked as solution

3manypuppies & danielles - I've just been into your accounts, they should be back if you log out and in again.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

Ok, a lot to do here. Please bear with me if I mess something up.

shirkosafari - I've restored the playlist.

dj-triple-g - I guess someone has already helped you out here.

Jsagan - restored.

Fenzitter - restored.

Emoe - done.

nalleman1 - done.

celebdae - done.

Great. Everyone happy? Cat Happy

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Marked as solution

hi! 

i have no idea what's happening with spotify all of a sudden. first it does not sync AT ALL or recgonize any new playlists i make. then after spending 2 days on a playlist, it gets deleted! the playlist was called "frost on my sunglasses" or "test" (because i had to copy it several times in an attempt to get spotify to recognize it. 

can you help me get them back?

Marked as solution

Morning all. Let's get to it..

madmimi85 - we had some playlist issues yesterday. Are your playlists back now?

Beckzation - how do things look now? I tried restoring a few things for you.

Fenzitter - the Library is composed up of all the songs in your playlists, downloads, inbox and so on. So you can use them to create new playlists if you like. How are you getting on with things?

1dude01 - I've restored a few things now. All better?

Marked as solution

BirdEyes - I've just added it back for you. Just log out and in again and it should be there waiting.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

djing0 - Should be back for you. Just log out and in again.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

Lufc1972, Lionsinflowers & Susannah1995 - Done. Just log out and in again, they should be there waiting.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

@Plachenian wrote:

Hi,

I accidently deleted my playlist thinking I was deleting a song from it. It is called "Playlist"

Can you do something for me ? Thank you. 

Should be back now!

Marked as solution

Hi Jori01,

I have recovered that playlist for you.

Marked as solution

Paddi- Are these the playlists you're lookingn for? HenryAndSam paddi02 Phone01

While at the moment there isn't an option to make deleting playlists password protected, it might worth adding it to our  Ideas Section. We can then get a feel for how many other users would find this helpful. 

RyanCaren- Your "YEAH BUDDDDY" playlist should be restored now. However, I want to be sure you're aware you've got two accounts with us. 

One has the username 'ryancaren' username, while the other is linked to your Facebook (this has the YEAH BUDDDDY playlist). If you'd like to use just one let me know--I can send you can email wiith some more instructions. 

Marked as solution

@Vincevdb wrote:

I get following message: An Unexpected Error has occurred.

• Sorry, your request failed. A notification has been sent to the development team for investigation.

Exception ID: 7743DA6B

So that's not the one.. 🙂

Oh man, totally messed that one up.

Try + instead.

Marked as solution

@Abitbol wrote:

I accidentally deleted a collaborative playlist called "mondayproof". Is it possible to have it restored ?

If I go in offline mode on a PC where it is still in my profile, will I be able to make a copy of it before going online ?

Done.

Marked as solution

@sean-banan93 wrote:

accidentally deleted almost all my starred songs on spotify, please help.

They should be returned to you now.

Marked as solution

Harrysmith45, Pants973 & Jerrycraven - Just added them all back to your accounts, just log out and in again. Should be there waiting, smiling.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

Morning ladies and gentlemen, let's get to it then.

Zyfnix - Done.

cimbom - It looks like there's been some recent playlist activity on your account - is it back now? If not, just let me know the name and I'll dig around for it.

JanaeLawrence - This should be restored now.

Olle - I've restored this too.

Thanks, it's been real.

Marked as solution

Hey jmendes5 - I've reverted your playlists back to an earlier state before things went missing. I hope that helps.

If you ever need to backup your playlists just drag them out onto your desktop and store them somewhere safe. You can restore them later at any time.

Marked as solution

irontusk - I've just censored that for you. But don't worry, I've restored the playlist for you.

Bond_James_Bond - I've restored that playlist for you; shaken, not stirred.

Marked as solution

Hey echolot - No problem. 'June 2012' should be back for you now. Just sign out/ sign in again. 

Marked as solution

Fattar0, Focusandflow, Awesomelygood, geraldMang, Völkl - Good morning everyone. I've just restored those playlists for you. 

Just sign out and sign back in to see them in your app again. 

Marked as solution

Hi fattar0 - It appears as though you've placed it in one of your playlist folders. Please have a look and let me know if you still can't find it.

Marked as solution

Moderators,

I accidentally deleted my playlist "West Coast" 5 minutes ago, any chance that you can recover it for me?

my username should be novatheboss@gmail.com (account created via facebook)

thanks in advance,

Stefano

Marked as solution

@rael45 wrote:

2 problems

I had a playlist called Gnål og mas (not the one I have with same name)....

Is it possible to get it back? Yesterday it was just gone...

With my Sonos it is now impossible to browse or play with Spotify....

I've restored the playlist for you. You should get in touch through our contact form for the Sonos issue.

Marked as solution

Hey all, I'm afraid we're a bit overwhelmed with posts here so won't be able to help everyone out individually. Trust us, it'd be a mess.

If you're missing playlists please get in touch through our contact form and we'll try to get to you asap. You'll probably get a faster response this way, in fact.

hpguru - when you delete a playlist, a pop-up asks you 'Do you really want to delete this playlist?' - so this should be enough to stop accidental deletions.

Remember, you can backup your playlists at any time by dragging them out to the desktop. Clicking on them from there will launch them in Spotify.

Marked as solution

Hi everyone - As Richard noted above, it's best if you get in touch through our contact form if you're missing any playlists.

As this thread grows the moderators won't be able to help everyone out individually. 

Please note you can also backup your playlists by dragging them out to the desktop. Clicking on them from there will launch them in Spotify.

Thanks!

Marked as solution

Hello all,

I've gone through all the accounts in the last few pages and restored what I could find. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Marked as solution

Hi everyone - Alright, I've tried to update everyone's playlists since Dave's last post. Try signing back in to see if your missing playlist has returned. 

I've also got some specific instructions for a few of you:

aled02& jeramo - It seems you've created two accounts. Please see Richard's post here for futher instruction: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Please-read-Missing-playlists-Premi...

sweet-angel93 & Nthomas - You've also made two accounts. However, all your playlists are on the extra FB account. Just head over to the contact form so we can help. 

Marked as solution

mcneils, Chantelle, Antti_Leskelä - Those playlists should return when you log in again

sam121313131& zeltner - You'll need to let us know the name of those missing playlis--thanks!

kellygallagher, littlemfa, macelz - Sounds like you're experiencing some separate issues here. Rather than add to this thread have a quick search for a similar post.

You can start a new thread if you can't find what you're looking for. We can then start diagnosing from there. 

Marked as solution

Hi everyone - Those should be back for you. Just sign in again to see those changes. 

@matsrunesson - I'm afraid I couldn't find your playlist. When did you last see it? 

Marked as solution

@Raiye wrote:

Please Meredith, Mine still isn't back   😞  

Should be back for you now. Just sign in again. 

Marked as solution

Hi,

It looks like there was a server issue this morning, it has been fixed now.

If you log in then out, your playlists should be back 🙂

P.S

This is only for people that have had all their playlists vanish 😉

Marked as solution

Those playlist should be back for all of you now. 

anyeindiano - You've actually got two accounts. Please follow the steps outlined here using your 'anyeindiano' username (not your FB email/ password). 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Please-read-Missing-playlists-Premi...

Wava & winnihund- I think you were both affected by a small server issue this morning. Please try signing out/ in again. You should find everything is back to normal. 

Meatshield - I'm afraid we're unable to restore every playlist ever. We can help with deleted playlists so long as we're contacted relatively quickly.

Marked as solution

@lillian178 wrote:

Hi,

I' ve accidentally deleted my playlist called "gringas" can it be recovered?? Thanks in advance!

Sure that's back for you now. 

Marked as solution

Hi Meredith, I can't remember the exact spelling of my playlist but it was something along the lines of "berneyyy"

Marked as solution

Tom - This may be the case, unfortunately. If you could head to 'Preferences' in your Spotify ('Edit' in Windows, 'Spotify' on a Mac), then under 'Playback' make sure the 'Hide unplayable tracks' box is not checked. If the song has been removed, it will still show up here, but it will be faded out. Is this the case? It should allow you to see the name of the track.

Kcole612 & Piahansen - Should be back for you guys, just log out and in.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

Ravii - Should be back. Just log out and in.

Tom - Great to hear you can now see it. If you need any more help, just ask.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

SonOfGunn, Niko7980, toodlesoodles - Those should all be back once you sign in again. 

Marked as solution

Verunka007 - Sure, that's all sorted for you. 

Marked as solution

@javalou wrote:

I have also deleted my playlist by accident. Mine was "New Playlist." I would be so grateful if you could send it to me!!!

Done.

Marked as solution

Hi, I just minutes ago deleted a pretty important playlist called "aamu ja kahvi" and I really need to get it back. (my SO is going to off me if I don't)

All and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Marked as solution

johanmo - that's done for you.

etylsarin - what was yours called?

Marked as solution

@linnx1 wrote:

Could you help me get my playlist called "Linni" back? Thanks!

That should be done for you now.

Marked as solution

118458913- Sorry I'm not seeing 'sleep'. When did you last see it?

tinamostafavi - That's been restored for you. You'll see it the next time you log in. 

1,112 Replies

Same problem!

Had 450 songs on it! 

I have spotify on my iphone. it´s still there because I have put it on Offline mode. 

CAN I SOME HOW RETRIVE IT!

Help please!!!

You might find a moderator can sort you out... just be patient and hopefully one will drop by.

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!

Thank god for Timemachine Apple!!!

If you have Timemachine just go back to the time when you know you hade the playlist and recreate that 🙂

Cheers!!!

Marked as solution

Ip-- Have a look in your inbox, I believe we help sort this out for ou. 

Mongolacken-- Great, glad to hear you were able to get your playlists back!

Yeah it´s great!

And thank you for a very quick reply!

I´m impressed 🙂

But you should have some kind of Undo buttom.

Not everybody has iMacs and Timemachine 🙂

... unfortunatly 😉

In fairness it does ask you to confirm deleting playlists... (just saying!)

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!

You´re absolutely correct. I thought the first sentence was ment to me. 

But now I managed to retrive it I don´t care 🙂

Cheers!

Hello! I have the same problem. I just managed to delete my playlist "Romantic" just some minutes ago. I thought I was deleting a song, silly me 🙂 Could some mod please help me out?

Hi Nilstiman,

Just sent you an email--keep an eye on your inbox for it.

Ok! Thanks. I will check my email if there is a email.

Hi Meredith - I did an 80s playlist that I recently deleted - could you please help me out recover this one? Massively appreciated!!!
Thanks
Paul

Hey Paul,

Would this be the playlist you're looking for?  80s: nightclub

Hi Meredith - no - that one  is still there! I deleted one called 80: cheesy movies school discos (something like that) - deleted from my BB as i (wrongly ) thought you could delete a playlist there and it would stay on your 'main' desktop - wrong! Can you see the otehr playlist anywhere? Had about 200 + tracks on it? help much appreciated (and thanks for coming back so quickly!)

Hi Pauldahill,

Just sent you an email with a playlist titled 'school discos and cheesy movies'--think we've got it this time.

Have a look in your inbox and let me know if that's what you're looking for.

Hello Meredith or any moderator out there, I recently purchased premium again, and by accident removed my absolute favorite list, which i've been adding songs to since 2010! Please help me get it back if you can, I would appreciate it so much. It should be called: slappppp (I'm sorry but i dont know how many P's exactly). Best regards.

Marked as solution

I'm sorry if i caused any trouble, though I've managed to retreive the list slappppp by myself, it was still there when I logged on my mac beacause it was the list i had open when i last used it, then i just linked it to myself in the web browser and subscribed and now it's there as before. Might help someone out there. Regards.

Marked as solution

Hi 

Have done the same when syncing my IPAD, in error I deleted my playlist named: Topsoil, and when it synced all it was gone on my computer as well. I'm not so lucky I have Apple on the computer it's Microsoft, my account name is : stefanlrabt.

Premium subscriber, what can you do possibly to get it back?

Many thanks for trying

Hi i deleted two of my playlists by mistake, and i've tryed to use the timemachine but it didn't worked, so i wonder if u could help me out, the names of the playlists was "Musik" and "Musikx2" thanks.

Hey JesperS-- Would these be the playlists you're looking for?

MUSIKx2 & MUSIK

Suggested posts