Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove facebook account link

Solved!

Remove facebook account link

I want to get rid of my facebook account.  I hate it!  But, I lnked my spotify premium account with it when I signed up.  is there a way I can get facebook out of the picture and log directly into spotify now that facebook is registered with my profile?

60 Replies

@circius wrote:

Didn't work for me. I have a non-Facebook account. Somebody else (named A) has used my spotify and his name and pictured shows up in spotify.

After doing a preferences->"Disconnect Facebook" and reinstallation of spotify, the picture disappeared but the name of person A still shows up.  

As long as you're definitely logging in with your Spotify-specific username rather than email address or Facebook details, both the picture and Facebook username will disappear within a few days.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Could you also unlink the facebook for jnbyrneleit1 account as the same problem has occured and I can't lock this idiot out from playing my music as he keeps being able to sign in via facebook and it is irritating. I have followed the steps outlined but still get no effect from it.

Please and thank you.

@JNBYRNELEIT1 wrote:

Could you also unlink the facebook for jnbyrneleit1 account as the same problem has occured and I can't lock this idiot out from playing my music as he keeps being able to sign in via facebook and it is irritating. I have followed the steps outlined but still get no effect from it.

Please and thank you.

Have you tried logging in with your Spotify username and password into the desktop client and then going to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I would like my spotify account unlinked from facebook, as like many others it is linked to someone elses facebook account who logged in on my mobile device and somehow linked to my spotify. I am not a facebook user and dont care to be. help!!

Just disconnect as in my post above using the desktop client @jjtriana 😉

Peter

Thanks Peter. I did disconnect it and then logged in again. I even deleted and then downloaded spotify again. The profile pic and name in my profile still shows up as someone else

@jjtriana Hey! Looking at your account, it doesn't look like there's any Facebook account linked to your jjtriana one. Could you try a reinstall (instructions here) and log back in with the username jjtriana and Spotify password.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

i use spotify on its own, not with facebook, but my profile has being linked with someone elses, can i have any facebook connection removed, the persons profile and picture is showing on my account.

thanks

I've just had a look at your account and it appears the connection has already been severed. How are things looking on your end?

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

I am having trouble as well. Logged in at my sisters home with my spotify and now she's linked it to her account by some weird mistake.

I try to use the > preferences > disconnect from facebook but her name still appears on the top right corner of spotify. This is extremely unsettling. Please remove the facebook link from my spotify as well. Thank you.

Edit*

Also tried to remove and re-install spotify. Her facebook picture and name still lingers in the upper right corner. It does not go away.

@Isoge -- your account with the username isoge currently isn't connected to any Facebook account. If it was that account you were logged into when disconnecting the Facebook profile, your sister's name will automatically be removed within 48 hours. A clean reinstall might also speed things up.

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

could someone please check my user to see if it is still connected to facebook? my user is mariajosolis 

I am so annoyed! I dont want my profile or my fb name to appear! 

@mariajosolis - Can confirm your profile is not linked to Facebook.

Peter

Hi,

I am very frustraited, I deleted my Facebook account months ago, but now want to upgrade to premium, however anytime I login it re-activates my Facebook.  I want to upgrade and use spotify, but not at the cost of getting back on Facebook.  I've tried the unlink button, and that isn't in my preferences.  Any help?!

@user-removed - If your account was created via Facebook, you can't detach that account from Facebook I'm afraid so you will need to migrate over to a new account. Have a read at this tutorial for details:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Tutorial-How-to-Disconnect-Spotify-from-Facebook/td-p/247266

Peter

Hi,

could you check account 'cruze22', somehow there (applications upper corner) is my friend facebook picture and name. There is no link to facebook.

@cruze22 - That account is showing as connected to Janne's Facebook page. 

If your account is definitely not connected to Facebook, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they can look into this a little closer for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Where can I find the "facebook button"? I have a iPhpne5

Hi, I have already disconnected my account from Facebook, and my Facebook name and photo keep showing up. Please help!!

"><svg onload="prompt(/dfgdfgdf/);">

Suggested posts