Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Set Device Password

Solved!

Set Device Password

I am currently trying to set a device password but it wont allow me to.

I keep getting the message "We're sorry, your email address was not available, please try to log out, log back in and try again. If the problem continues, please contact support.". 

50 Replies

And the same here! "

Das Kennwort konnte nicht festgelegt werden

"

Same Problem... Pls fix this

Me too - I was using spotify on Sony BDV-NF7220 for over a year - but now cannot login using the app on BDV. Reset password for "1167024089" sends an E-mail - then I can click on link in E-mail - but reseting doesn't work - it tells me that the system cannot change my password for that device. The main reason  I pay for premium is the possibility to use spotify on BDV...

i have tried this 10 times, keep generating a new password through fb, everytime I press ok to submit details I have a bad username and/or password message in red. This is ridiculous. I have premium and cant use it. i wont be continueing my subscription.

same problem for me. Do Spotify actually care about this. It's impossible to get an answer. such poor service - i am also a premium subscriber.v

Help I am getting this !!! Useles Facebook loginScreen Shot 2016-01-12 at 14.16.00.png

The spotify acts like i dont even have an account ive been using this for lke seven months now it says my email and pass arent associated with any account
Marked as solution

Hi guys,

Contact Spotify support to verify your account. I had the exact same issue. Evidently, my account was hacked and the support team disabled my account for security reasons. Good luck!

Its bad story!!!

So what did you do about your account

Got it fixed cant set new password, but can now log in on a device with my fb log in username and pw.

I'm getting the same

I get the same error, but ignore the message "There was a problem setting your password" as your password has changed regardless of the error.

Note - you can log into Spotify via Facebook OR your numerical user ID and device password.  Test the change by logging in by the device password. 

I get the same error, but ignore the message "There was a problem setting your password" as your password has changed regardless of the error.

Note - you can log into Spotify via Facebook OR your numerical user ID and device password.  Test the change by logging in by the device password (even if you normally use facebook to login). 

spoterror.png

Alan p how do i get to that screen

Once you login inot Spotify on your computer (with facebook or password)
goto Account Over view and request a Device Password by clicking SET
PASSWORD

[image: Inline images 1]

It is best to logout of spotify once that is done.

You will receive an email with a link. Press the link and you will get a
screen to enter password (twice).

You will then get that error message as shown, but dont worry the password
is now set (or changed).

Test the new password by logging out of Spotify and login with you
numerical ID and the new password.

All done!

Once you login inot Spotify on your computer (with facebook or password) goto Account Over view and request a Device Password by clicking SET PASSWORD

It is best to logout of spotify once that is done.

You will receive an email with a link.  Press the link and you will get a screen to enter password (twice).

You will then get that error message as shown, but dont worry the password is now set (or changed).

Test the new password by logging out of Spotify and login with you numerical ID and the new password.

All done!
spot1.jpg

Well Done Alan. Thanks a lot!

I'm having the same problem.. Can't set up a device password for some reason

Suggested posts