Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Site wont accept my nus number

Site wont accept my nus number

Please can someone advise when i put my nus number into the box and my dob i click the continue button and nothing happens. If i put the spaces between the numbers as it is on the card it tells me its in valid then i change it back without spaces and it days invalid form data. Check and try again. All info is correct? Help please
22 Replies

Yep, having the exact same problem, the button just seems to be broken.

Signing up for the Student Premium is a complete joke.

First the 'NUS' button is broken and just takes you to the account page and now that's fixed and you can actually enter your details the button to complete the process is broken.

I've been trying to sign up since last year and its STILL not fixed.

And if someone's gonna reply to this saying to "contact support" don't bother. How about you actually speak to one of the developers and actually get them to fix the problem. You guys must be missing out on so much money due to the fact that thousands of students cant sign up for premium.

Sort it out already, Jesus.

Having the same problem here, just happening exactly the same as you described.

Same problem here,

Although now I seem to not even be able to get past the card payment screen.  Just comes up with their is a problem with your card.. even through I've used 3 different cards.. all active. with clear funds on them.

So frustrating. 

I have now mailed nus for some advice and to find out if there is another way?!

Ah okay - hopefully they get back to you with something helpful, let us know what they say!

I emailled them and this is what I got back:

"Right now it's not possible to apply the Student Discount to a current Premium account. However, with these steps, you can revert your account to the Free subscription level.

You'll still be on Premium for the remainder of the month you've paid for. Then, once your account has gone back to Free, click here to sign up for Premium again under the Student Discount with your NUS Extra card.

Let us know how did it go and don't hesitate to write back if we can do anything else for you.

Have an amazing week,"

So basically you have to let your account revert back to free before then trying to activate it.

This is exactly what I did as I could't find the option to update my subscription.

i then planned to wait until my subscription actually changed back to a free account, (Yesterday) and try again. However now I've got a card processing error.. I'm in contact with support to try and resolve that also.  It's almost as if spotify don't want my money haha..

It still doesn't work with a 'Free' account. I let my account expire before attempting to sign up again and the button still doesn't do anything when clicked, so I've got no idea what they're going on about 😕

@doug77 wrote:

I emailled them and this is what I got back:

"Right now it's not possible to apply the Student Discount to a current Premium account. However, with these steps, you can revert your account to the Free subscription level.

You'll still be on Premium for the remainder of the month you've paid for. Then, once your account has gone back to Free, click here to sign up for Premium again under the Student Discount with your NUS Extra card.

Let us know how did it go and don't hesitate to write back if we can do anything else for you.

Have an amazing week,"

So basically you have to let your account revert back to free before then trying to activate it.

No reply from nus!

Im now having problems getting past the payment page it just says oops your card payment provider appears to be having problems..... Tried with a different card and still the same also tried a few dsys later and still dont work!!! Def spotify has the problem not my card!

Yep, also have this issue.

Can't event get to the page where you enter the NUS card details.

It's definitely an issue on Spotify's end as I know several other people have this issue.

Yep same. I gave up, created a new account currently using 2 months free. I was only able to do this, because I could select paypal as a payment option (something you can't do for student).  The whole thing is a bit of joke really. Luckily I've not created many big playlists, so it only took 20 minutes to create them all again.

I'll try again in a couple of months when this 60 day trial has stopped.

I've considered creating a new account and askings Spotify to transfer everything over however it seems like such a hassle when the issue is entirely on Spotify's end. So now I'm just playing the waiting game, and hoping they fix the issue(s) in the next few weeks.

Either way Apple Music comes out in a couple of weeks so if Spotify haven't got their act together by then, then I'll strong consider transferring over.

Has anyone had this issue resolved?

Had an ongoing conversation with customer service about this, then they suddenly stopped responding to any of my messages.

Not yet. I had the same then they stopped responding. Then about a few
days later I got a generic email from nowhere just saying they are aware of
this issue and working on fixing it, but who knows how long that will take

Yep me the same alrhough they did tell me to try different browsers orcreating a new account?! Nothing since i went back saying its still not working!

Same for me. It won;t accept any of my credit / debit cards 

Support recommended
1) Letting my premium subscription revert to free
2) Using many different browsers
3) Trying private or incognito mode
4) Clearing my cache
5) Multiple credit / debit cards - all these have funds and have been used multiple times since I started having the problem.

I contacted support two weeks ago and they were helpful at first but have now gone quiet.

Something is definitely broken 

Same they havent got back to me since either! Cant believe there is no contact number for them either!

Just thought I'd update where I got to. I created a new account (As I didn't have a large playlist selection anyway) and was given 60 day free trial, I couldn't get my credit/ debit cards to work but at that point was able to sign up by using paypal as payment. (you can't do this using NUS).  Anyway. that trial ends today, so I cancelled premium just now, and then thought I would try to see if I could get student discount to work.  And would you beleive it.. It worked!

I went through the same link as before- put in my credit card number which wasn't working previously- it worked, I then put in my NUS card Which also wouldn't work before when I was able to get through to that stage, and amazingly It worked as well.. so I've now got premium for the advertised £4.99 for being an NUS member..

Whether this was luck or they have sorted it out I don't know.. but anyway.. worth you all trying again.. I had given up and was just about to use Itunes music offereing, but think I'll stick with Spotify for now.

Suggested posts