Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Spotify Connect] - Is there a way to disable the Spotify Connect Function

[Spotify Connect] - Is there a way to disable the Spotify Connect Function

Since recently, the spotify connect is a total mess for me.

I'm using spotify on several PCs and one android device. And without asking, the spotify stops playing on one device, connects to another one.

Latest bug: Listening to spotify on pc, my phone is ringing. spotify on PC stops playing !!!!!

wtf!!###!!!!

4 Replies

Hi @manu2verdun! Thanks for the heads up. You've got a couple of strange issues here, but we'll see how we can sort this out.

Are you still having issues with our Connect feature?

If you try streaming from our web player and you receive a call on your phone, does it stop playing as well?

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the answer.

I am not having issues anymore.

But I'm still think that I could be a great option to select which devices could be accessed using Spotify Connect (ie, only alow my chrome cast to be seen and controled, or disable it in my droid when I play from my computer... etc)

Regards

Awesome! That's brilliant news.

If you'd like to see that idea implemented, you can try adding your comments and also give your Kudos here.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6JWddKPdqvDc2WkPEi9grC 🙂

Is there not a way simply to disable the automatic connect to casting devices? It's very disconcerting to see that my Spotify is casting to a strange device, which apparently belongs to someone else in my workplace. If there's no way to disable this extremely annoying and privacy-compromising feature, I'm probably going to have to cancel my subscription...

Thanks,

Brett S.

Suggested posts