Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Family Problem

Spotify Family Problem

My wife has a premium membership and we saw the option to add a user for only $5 instead of $10 so we added me and our payment is now $15 instead of $10 but my account is still showing as the free account. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app as well as log out and back in. I am not sure what else to do????

8 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Does your wife has an Family account, or an Premium account?

It shouldn't be possible to add an user with an premium account, only with an family account.

Anyways, have you already tried to simply logout and login afterwards?

She just has the premium account but it gave her the option as it was to add a user, she entered my email and I have not gotten any notification or email or anything to activate my account to upgrade it.

Oh and yes I have logged out and logged back in as well as uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

@roykurka To get this solved, please go here:

https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

First dropdown select: Paying for Spotify

Second dropdown select: Problems with existing payment'subscription

Third dropdown select: Other

Then explain your situation in the text box and fill out the rest of the required fields.

Spotify should reply as soon as possible. If you get an auto reply email, you need to reply to it. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Took a while for me to figure out my problem.

- In my case the country had defaulted to something else on my wifes account. I changed it on the profile and also changed the zipcode, logged out and used the email activation from my own master account.

1 down and 3 to go...

Hope ths saves someone time, I have been fiddling around since christmas.

T

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

Spotify Family - only playing one user's musik at one time

Hi,

We have a Premium Family Membership for two users. But we can only listen to the choice of one of the user's at one time. You could say that the user's "overrule" each other, which is a problem when one user wants to listen to Mozart and the other one to Metallica.

Hope you can help!

Mikael

@felmal24 

Each person needs to make their own account so that everyone can play a different song.

After signing up for the family plan, you are able to invite other users to join your plan from the account page.

Check out the family help guide here:
https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/spotify-family

Also check out this thread for information:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Spotify-Family-Q-amp-A/td-p/988520

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts