Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Privacy Issues - why do you need access to my photos?

Spotify Privacy Issues - why do you need access to my photos?

Hey guys - care to comment on this Forbes article?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2015/08/20/spotify-creepy-privacy-policy/

Why do you need access to:

"we may collect information stored on your mobile device, such as contacts, photos, or media files"

And:

"your phone’s GPS location"

I assume this is for more advertising revenue? Can't you just do the music side better rather than selling everyone out? Why do you need access to my entire life (which I'd rather not share - or at least have the choice to share)?

EDIT (for people starting at the top): Spotify CEO Daniel Ek has commented on this here - https://news.spotify.com/us/2015/08/21/sorry-2/

167 Replies

You need to stick your F* nose into all calls I make?!

WHAT THE F_UCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO YOU HAVE ANY RESPECT TO PEOPLE'S PRIVACY?

Cancelled account.

FUC_K YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cancelled account.

FUC_K YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cancelled account.

FUC_K YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neither me nor anyone in my family will be paying for a service that doesn't respect premium users.

It does not matter what the CEO says, as long as this is in Spotify's privacy policy they can (and probably will at some point in time) access data they should never be allowed to access; not to mention they can pass it on to third parties.

That reply and commitment to reduce intrusiveness was over a year ago.  Upon looking to install the Spotify app on my Android, it still says "needs access to ..." all that, with no mention of user being able to "opt out" or better "opt in" to each one.  

The concern is less over what Spotify would do with such access but rather what some hacker into Spotify would do with it.  For those possibilities, sure will be nice to get those permissions only by opting in.   Will install app and check it out, on trust of CEO Daniel's answer, which does indicate that access is under the explicit control of phone user.  

Perfect! I just cancel my premium, the thing is, i have paid until feb 02, and i can't access my account. So i would like to confirm, if i don't agree these new terms i can't access anymore?
IMG_1949.PNG

**bleep** this service. unsubbed

Suggested posts