Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Won't Stop Charging Me Even After I Cancelled My Subscription

Solved!

Spotify Won't Stop Charging Me Even After I Cancelled My Subscription

I cancelled my subscription months ago and you thieves are still charging my account.  There is no customer service number or e-mail.  I swear I'll spend all my free time (which is quite plentiful) trying to get something to go vrial telling the world what scumbags you are.  You have been charging me for months after I cancelled, and when I try to cancel now it says I'm signed up for spotify free.  I don't even use your program and haven't for months!  This is an outrage!!!  I will go to my bank tomorrow and contest the charges as far back as they will let me, then I will start making videos and writing blog posts and etc about the lack of ethics at your so called company.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello there! Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about this billing issue! You are going to have to contact Spotify directly about this issue. Follow these steps :

1. Click here to go to the contact form. 
  2. Select Paying for Spotify > I canceled my account but was still charged. Then type "I canceled my subscription blank months ago but I'm still getting charged."

If you get an automated email, reply directly to it. They should be able to resolve this issue. 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

50 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello there! Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about this billing issue! You are going to have to contact Spotify directly about this issue. Follow these steps :

1. Click here to go to the contact form. 
  2. Select Paying for Spotify > I canceled my account but was still charged. Then type "I canceled my subscription blank months ago but I'm still getting charged."

If you get an automated email, reply directly to it. They should be able to resolve this issue. 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Just wondering, do you have the confirmation email which you receive when your subscription gets cancelled?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Same! There is only so much i can do over email. They have even charged me twice in one month sometimes. About 6 months since i cancelled.

@jackiepads1995 - Have you gotten in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form? If not I would suggest that as your first point of call. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This is happening to me at the moment and I am getting annoyed! I will be going into my bank soon and telling them it's fraudulently taken out of my bank account! No one seen to want to reply either!

Is this some kind of joke? I canceled 2 months ago and am still getting charged. I go to this "online contact form" and it's a neverending loop of non support. I think this might even give Microsoft scruples. Perhaps I'm doing this wrong but here is the process I am taking:

Step 1: I start by going here: https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

Step 2: I then click on "Subscription"

Step 3: Then "I canceled my subscription but am still beening charged"

Step 4: then again I select "I canceled my subscription but am still beening charged"

I then get a page that says:

I cancelled but am still being charged
We're sad to see you go, but not so much that we'd charge you even when you cancel.

If you're positive you attempted to cancel the correct account, please get in touch with our contact form and we'll take care of this for you.

Thanks for using Spotify!

Step 5: I then click on the "our contact form" which takes me to an "About Us" page
Step 6: On this page there is a "Contact Form" that takes me back to step 1.

That's exactly what happened to me. I then emailed, at the suggestion of
my girlfriend, support@spotify.com. That finally got me through to
someone. Funny how they keep this hidden!

@user-removed
You have to press the green button that says "I still need more help" . It opens up a form where you fill up your info so that it can get to Spotify.
I see that a lot of time has passed since your post, but maybe it will be able to help someone else with the same issue!
K
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

I have tried doing this OVER FIVE TIMES ALREADY!!! and I have not heard back from anyone OR been refunded!!!

I have tried to cancel for 2 months in a row and keep getting charged as well.  I am pissed that I can't get in touch with anyone either.  I want to be reimbursed for the 2 months immediately!!!!!  Will read through this thread now. 

I filed a dispute with my bank and blocked Spotify from ever charging my account again.

Spotify is a scam
I just reported them to RCMP

I coudn't agree more. I went through a huge runarround back in september trying to cancel my account and they are still charging me every month. I even have a case number from back in september telling me it had been canceled.

If you from Canada you should report them to RCMP
They should reply to you in couple days from there you have option to file lawsuit against spotify.

I canceled back in August 2015 and they continue to charge me into March 2016. Does anyone know if a class action lawsuit has been filed? I would assume if it hasn't it's only a matter of time. Apparently an internet based music service doesn't know how to digitally process cancelations so I'm going to mail in the paper form. Hopefully they will be able to cancel and refund for the months and months they have been charging me. 

@user-removed wrote:

I cancelled my subscription months ago and you thieves are still charging my account.  There is no customer service number or e-mail.  I swear I'll spend all my free time (which is quite plentiful) trying to get something to go vrial telling the world what scumbags you are.  You have been charging me for months after I cancelled, and when I try to cancel now it says I'm signed up for spotify free.  I don't even use your program and haven't for months!  This is an outrage!!!  I will go to my bank tomorrow and contest the charges as far back as they will let me, then I will start making videos and writing blog posts and etc about the lack of ethics at your so called company.

I know, these guys are scumbags.

Hi! I've also cancelled my subscription last month but found out today that I was still charged. I already followed the instruction given above but how will I know if they already acknowledge my query? I haven't received any emails yet. Thank you!

Go to talk to your bank ...with in 3days they will refund you..

Suggested posts