Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify account system is full of bugs and I'm getting really frustrated

Spotify account system is full of bugs and I'm getting really frustrated

1. I want to change my premium account to a family account. There is no option, so I try to cancel my account before it renews tomorrow, and then start fresh with family account. I get to the last step in cancellation, where it asks me to authorise with Facebook. I do, and it returns me to an error page on Spotify - https://www.spotify.com/mt/account/subscription/premium/cancel/?error=1#_=_

The error is Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our testing help area

I don't want my individual account to renew tomorrow and then have to pay 13 euros again to change it to a family account.

2. I typed out a long message to support about this, and when I click send, I get an error - email address is invalid. and all the fields have been wiped, so my message is lost. The email address is valid however (@hotmail.com)

3. I tried to purchase a Spotify gift card in December for a friend, and every time I tried to submit payment I got an error. I tried several times over the course of the day. Once I checked my spam, I discovered 2 emails, each with a voucher link - so it had charged me twice out of my many many attempts, and sent me 2 voucher emails. However it still didn't send to the recipient with the gift message I had entered.

I thought "ok, i'll just use the second voucher code myself, it'll save me paying next month". But when I tried to redeem the voucher, it tells me "not redeemable in your country". The same country I purchased it in.. 

I love Spotify as a service, but I'm really really frustrated now by the amount of error screens I'm seeing, by being double-charged and by having my subscription probably renewed tomorrow when I have tried several times now to cancel..

8 Replies

Sorry for the trouble!

Have you tried using this contact link?

If you login to the contact form with your Spotify account, it should already know your email address and should not give you an error.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Matt, yes, that's the contact form I tried to submit. My account is attached to Facebook, so it probably doesn't automatically retrieve my email address.

Can you try using this contact from?

You'll have to manually enter your account details, but it should work:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

MattSudaSpotify Star

same problem unfortunately:

"The email address you supplied is invalid, please check to ensure it is correct."

Are you able to try a different browser?

I am using Google Chrome and I was able to successfully submit the contact from entering a hotmail email address. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi Matt, I used a different email address and the message went through. Also using google Chrome. But originall I selected error code / message, and this time selected removing / cancelling spotify

Alright, glad to hear you got it to work.

If you don't get a reply by tomororw, post back here and I'll see what I can do to get support to reply.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Also, don't worry about your premium renewing.

On the family plan help guide it says:

I'm already on a Premium subscription. What happens when I upgrade?

If you're already a Premium user, don't worry! We won’t bill you until the time you’ve paid for has run out, taking into account the increased price. You can review your renewal date on the subscription page

So I don't think you will be paying any extra. 

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/spotify-family

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts