Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify code invalid

Solved!

Spotify code invalid

I bought a 3 month sub to Spotify Premium from a newsagent who didnt give me a receipt. I didnt think too much about this because I had previously bought subs there without issue. Unfortunately when my sub expired a couple of weeks later, I tried to enter the code but got the "invalid code" message. I have contacted customer services (sic) and sent them my code, photos of the card with the code but have been told that without a receipt they will not help. A simple check by them would confirm if this code was defective or had been used before. If the latter, then i could understand their position but this is not the case. Their action is of course against local country and EU law so I will be taking this further with a lawyer friend, as its not the money but the principle. 

So if you subscribe using a voucher, get a receipt as I have learned the hard way. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There you go, I'm pretty sure of that it's not activated yet. Ask them to give you a new card and make sure of that they will activate it this time.  I wish you all the best luck.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Can you please go to your bank and ask them to print a bank statement, not sure if it's enough to prove that you bought that code there but worth to try.

Thanks for the reply. It was bought with cash so unfortunately this won't work. Having spoken to my lawyer friend it's simple really. I purchased a service which I have not received. It doesn't matter whether or not there is proof of purchase because they can confirm if the service has been used before with the code I purchased. Therefore Spotify have a legal obligation to provide this service if I produce a voucher with a code that hasn't been activated before. 

Not sure if it was a supermarket where you bought your code but the cashier needs to activate your code by the cash desk, after that it should work. Even though you bought it with cash your purchase should still show up in their system. They should give you a new card and activate it by the cash desk, when it's activated the code should work correctly.

Thanks for your help. I will try the shop on Monday. The cashier did have problems scanning the bar code when I bought it. I still can't understand why Spotify can't activate it though.

Marked as solution

There you go, I'm pretty sure of that it's not activated yet. Ask them to give you a new card and make sure of that they will activate it this time.  I wish you all the best luck.

Got your issue fixed?

I went back to the shop earlier this week and the shop assistant hadnt activated the card as was mentioned above. She did this and the code was then accepted. Thanks again for your help. As a goodwill gesture Spotify had already given me 1 month and when I told them all was now OK they let me keep the extra month in view of all the hassle so my faith in good customer service has been restored.

Dn

That's awesome to hear, I'm happy that you got your issue fixed.

Have a nice day. 🙂

Suggested posts