Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify in Japan?

Solved!

Spotify in Japan?

Does Spotify have any current plans to open up in Japan? I was a constant user of the program in Australia, but having moved to Japan found that the software is not supported in this region. I really do miss Spotify and would like to know if I'd be able to use it in the not-to-distant future.

I've already signed up for the news email that would notify me when it opens up in Japan, but of couse I've received nothing yet.

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Trentfrompunchy - Welcome to the Community! Glad to hear you enjoyed Spotify in Australia. 

While we would like to be available in as many countries as possible, I can't say if or when we'll be in Japan.

Keep an eye on our Spotify Blog though. Any updates regarding new countries will be posted there first. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Do you have a credit card registered in Germany? If you do, you can pay for unlimited or premium which allows you access from anywhere in the world, including Japan.

View solution in original post

29 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey Trentfrompunchy - Welcome to the Community! Glad to hear you enjoyed Spotify in Australia. 

While we would like to be available in as many countries as possible, I can't say if or when we'll be in Japan.

Keep an eye on our Spotify Blog though. Any updates regarding new countries will be posted there first. 

Hello there!

Since some months have passed since the answer to this question I wanted to warm this topic up.

From the end of march on I will live for a year in Japan and I just noticed that Spotify isn't available there. I found this (http://paidcontent.org/2012/10/11/spotify-seeking-to-be-big-in-japan/), saying that you guys will probably "open up" in Japan this month.

Can you already give a statement for this? I will really hit rock bottom if I can't listen to my playlists and add new music for a year!

And if it comes to the worst - can I still access my playlists when I get back to Germany one year later?

Marked as solution

Do you have a credit card registered in Germany? If you do, you can pay for unlimited or premium which allows you access from anywhere in the world, including Japan.

Oh, okay, thank you! I thought I can only have access to Spotify for two weeks when I am abroad. But apparently, that only refers to users of Spotify Free. I see ... ^^

Please roll out in Japan too. I want to listen to J-Pop too, and I'm sure they will love it too.

Hi, 

So I'm trying to use my spotify premium account in Japan and it's not working.  I had made an offinline playlist hoping to listen to on this trip, but even that has failure loading.  It just brings me to the loading screen where the circle of endless loading loads.  Is there anyway I can at least listen to my offline playlist?  

Any news regarding Spotify and Japan?

I know it'll be a tough one since they are not really interested in streaming for cheap,

but let's dream.

I'm currently in Japan for 3 weeks, and i can't access anymore to spotify, the login phase on iPhone fail over and over... even with my premium account and my french credit card... should i open a german bank account to use spotify??

@gomezo wrote:

I'm currently in Japan for 3 weeks, and i can't access anymore to spotify, the login phase on iPhone fail over and over... even with my premium account and my french credit card... should i open a german bank account to use spotify??

If you have Spotify premium (and your subscription is still active) you should be able to login anywhere in the world where you can connect to Spotify. Are you getting any specific error? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No i only see the app loader after login and that´s all, the app still display the loader

Would it be possible to grab us a screenshot? 

Peter

yes sure:

photo.PNG

Strange, does it eventually time out and give you an error?

Peter

no timeout, it keeps spining 

I'm wondering is Spotify being blocked on the network you are connected to? 

It might be worth a clean reinstallation of the application but that would remove all of your offline playlists if you have any downloaded.

Peter

It already removed my offline playlist that why i tried to connect for 3weeks without success... By the way i return to france tomorrow without music for the plane and a premium service paid for nothing 😞 hope it will work again in France (i already tried to remove / install again the app)

Hello there! 🙂 

I live in Japan, and have been living here for almost 10 months. The first thing I did on my japanese android phone when I got it was to install Spotify. I have a Spotify premium account, with an active subscription (with my swedish bank, might be added). 

The only problem I have had, came today. The app said that the current version were no longer active and needed an update. Nothing wierd, I have updated the app before in Japan. Except this time, Google Play tells me that the app is not available in my country. Even though it never stated that before. I can no longer login to the app since I'm not allowed to update it. 

Does anyone have any tips on what I can do? 

Cause the launching of Spotify in Japan doesn't seem to happen very soon... 

Does using the manual download link here work (on your phone)?
https://m.spotify.com/uk/?group=android

The Spotify app on Google Play has always only been available in Spotify launch countries as far as I know!

Peter

Had to argue with some security settings, but it worked!

Logged in and downloading the playlists once again. 

Thank you oh so very, very much, you very kind person! :D<3

Suggested posts