Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify premium account hijacked - Extremely slow spotify customer support

Spotify premium account hijacked - Extremely slow spotify customer support

I have been unable to access my premium subscription to Spotify since the afternoon of Friday, May 22.  I was listening on a device and suddenly was logged out mid-song.  When I attempted to log back in, it told me my password was incorrect.  When I requested the password reset email multiple times, it never arrived in the inbox or spambox of the email address I created the account under.  When trying to log in via email, it told me my email was not found.  I tested this by creating a new free account using the same email, which it allowed me to do, so I am guessing somehow someone hijacked my premium account and changed the email associated with it along with my password.

I have been back and forth via email with Spotify customer support for several days.  It takes them 24+ hours to respond to each email, and the first few responses they sent were unhelpful generic instructions on how to reset my password - something I explained in my initial message that I had already tried and been unable to do.  By the 3rd email, they asked me to provide the PayPal transaction ID of the most recent $9.99 payment, which I did minutes later, only to receive another request for the same thing along with my birthdate the following day.  This is beyond frustrating and I still cannot access the Spotify account that I have been paying for monthly.  There does not appear to be any way to contact their customer support team other than through email and their responses to my urgent issue have been painfully slow.  I am seriously considering switching back to Pandora due to this dreadful customer support.

The Spotify case #02979274 was assigned to my most recent email.  The Spotify account I need to regain access to is username "uzupus".  Please help ASAP.

6 Replies

Hello @uzupus 

If support replies you to check community for a solution or if you received your case number (#XXXXXXXX), please reply back even if there is "no reply" tag and tell that you still need help. If your inbox is empty please check spam.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

Yes I replied right away to their unhelpful first response.  It did not seem to expedite anything as their following 2 responses were unhelpful as well. I just need to get my account back.  This is ridiculous.

Hi! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good. I'm really sorry about your experience.

Would you mind telling me your support number? I can escalate this to the staff.

~Joe

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

Are you referring to the #02979274 number I included in my original post?  This is the number from the subject line of my email conversation with Spotify support.

@uzupus whoops! Didn't see that there, my aplologies.

I've escalated this issue, somebody will be with you soon.

One again, I'm sorry for the experience you've had. I hope you can get it fixed soon.

~Joe

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

Hey uzupus,

This should not have taken so long to be resolved and I am sorry to see that it has been handled so poorly.  I will be dealing with this case for you today and will send a reply back via your case thread.

Suggested posts