Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify premium no longer accepting my card after 2 years

Solved!

Spotify premium no longer accepting my card after 2 years

it Was able to sign up originally even though it wasnt a launch country , Spotify happily charging my card since then and now wont

If there is an unofficial workaround please let me know or PM me etc 

The investment in subs would have bought alot of iTunes content which I would still have now etc ! 🙂 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I do not know how this can be solved. Spotify, as company, want that customer purchase Spotify in Spotify country like Finland. Also Spotify check your IP adress, before you can change Country in your Profile.

You can travel with your Premium everywhere as long as you have subscription. But you need to renew it in Spotify country. So if you live in other place, there is nothing you can do.

You can ask some friend (if have in any Spotify country) for purchasing gift card for you. Or you can travel to some country where Spotify sell Premium cards in some stores. Premium cards can be redeemed everywhere in the world (as I know).

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey, this can be resolved in no time. Just purchase gift card and redeem it. No need to send it to anyone, just redeem it to your account. https://www.spotify.com/get-spotify/e-card/

Hi , thanks for quick reply , tried to purcahse gift card already but as paypal or not is not in a launch country , it doesnt let me ! 

any other suggestions ?

There are some main requirements that your card must fulfil in order to use it to subscribe to Spotify Premium or Spotify Unlimited.

1. Ensure that your card has not expired. If you have received a new card, update your credit card details on your Subscription page.
  2. The country set in your Spotify account profile must match the country where your card or PayPal is registered. If you intend to use a payment method in another country, you can make this selection on your Subscription page (Spotify can only accept payment from our launch countries).
  3. Your card should be enabled for e-commerce transactions (Verified by Visa/Mastercard).
  4. Your card must also be open to be used for foreign purchases.

I understand all this , can accounts not reinstate whatever allowed them to charge me for the last 2 years though ? 

In the same boat myself, been paying subscription since April 2009, but as of the 8th April, now not accepting card.

If you have some problems with payment, delete credit card from Spotify and then add it again.

Also in Ireland as it happens.

The problem with this is if you are in a non-launch country you cannot add your credit card details against 'International', which is what category we are in.

i.e. you can't enter an Irish credit card.
Marked as solution

I do not know how this can be solved. Spotify, as company, want that customer purchase Spotify in Spotify country like Finland. Also Spotify check your IP adress, before you can change Country in your Profile.

You can travel with your Premium everywhere as long as you have subscription. But you need to renew it in Spotify country. So if you live in other place, there is nothing you can do.

You can ask some friend (if have in any Spotify country) for purchasing gift card for you. Or you can travel to some country where Spotify sell Premium cards in some stores. Premium cards can be redeemed everywhere in the world (as I know).

Also if your Credit card is from Spotify country, you may like to try using Spotify.com with Proxy with IP of Credit card country. Then you may be able to purchase Premium Gift cards. But I do not tested this idea, so at your oen risk if you want to try this.

Ok , got sorted via a 1 month gift card from a Work colleague , will have to go with 3 month next time from them I think, Its disappointing you just don't offer these for general PayPal or credit card purchase for non members on the Spotify site, seems like a huge revenue miss , I could probably get 10 subscribers a week through friends as signing up via a us or uk proxy is easy once they can pay via a gift card

S

Same issue here. In Ireland, paid premium subscription for the last THREE years. Total fan of the service. Credit card changed. cannot re-register or renew.

Forced to go to the Eircom service for want of a better choice.

HELP !!!

I was looking on Boards.ie and it looks like Spotify did a purge of all Irish credit cards. I too am absolutely disgusted at this. You were happy enough to take my money for a long time. I supppose they're not going to bother their arses setting up in Ireland because we are such a small market. Smiley Mad

Suggested posts