Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify's Monthly Billing Scam and Facebook Scam

Spotify's Monthly Billing Scam and Facebook Scam

Spotify has made it nearly impossible to cancel your premium subscriptions. They have also done their best to make you have to use Facebook in order to use Spotify. I am really quite mad at Spotify now.

11 Replies

Try Cancel with another browser, I use Firefox.

Or try Cancel without Facebook logged in.

I'm haviing the same problem. Spotify doesn't recognize my username and password for account management purposes even though I logged in using them. The forum suggested changing the facebook password which I did. My requests for username/password haven't received any replies in 3 days of trying and I've submitted two suport forms also with no response. Even though this credit card will expire in 15 days, the Spotify subscription is set to renew tomorrow. I was going to let it slide since it wouldn't be able to renew after that with the expired card. Now I'm pissed off and intend to report the renewal charge as unauthorized.

It'll be interestingto see how long it takes my premium subscription to cancel after that. LMAO!

Hey guys, if you're having trouble cancelling (ie. the website won't accept your password) and trying again in another browser doesn't help, just get in touch with us via our contact form and we'll cancel it for you.

And if you find you do get charged, please simply hold off on logging into Spotify until you hear back from us. This way we should be able to sort you out with a refund.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

They started billing me in March for an account I never signed up for, never use and have deleted off my devices. I cannot contact them - does anyone have an actual address/phone number/email address for Spotify NZ? They have charged me for three months and I have no way of making it stop and get a refund because they make it impossible to contact them. My bank can't stop the payments but have flagged them as illegal. How do we make them stop? I have posted the scam on facebook and friends have shared that around their friends internationally.

@Rivertone wrote:

They started billing me in March for an account I never signed up for, never use and have deleted off my devices. I cannot contact them - does anyone have an actual address/phone number/email address for Spotify NZ? They have charged me for three months and I have no way of making it stop and get a refund because they make it impossible to contact them. My bank can't stop the payments but have flagged them as illegal. How do we make them stop? I have posted the scam on facebook and friends have shared that around their friends internationally.

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to investigate this a little closer for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have also tried to register the charges as unauthorised and the bank has tagged them I can't make them stop either as I am no longer on Spotify - could never log in because it would never recognise my user name and password, even when I logged in with Facebook. So I couldn't use it, even the free version, and deleted it off my devices. Still they kept charging me, out of the blue in March when I hadn't had the darn thing for at least eight months! How the hell do you make them stop? And how the hell do you contact this faceless, email-less, phone-less, address-less monolith that steals your money?

See my post above for details on how to get in touch 😉 

Peter

Peter

I can't cancel the payments which suddenly started in March, I don't use Spotify, I don't want Spotify, I have tried and tried to log on just so I can cancel the subscription that I didn't sign up for and it won't accept my user name and password. There is no phone number, there is no email, there is NO WAY to contact these [Sweaing] while they go ahead and steal your money. Warn everyone - NEVER sign up with anything that wants your credit card details. That's what my bank told me. Spread the word on Facebook and Twitter. Next stop, police.  

I don't want them to "investigate a little closer", I want them to STOP STEALING MY MONEY!!!!! They never had ANY authorisation to get into my credit card, others have had to cancel their cards and change banks to make this ridiculous nonsense stop. You better start "investigating the online networks a little closer" and you'll see how we all feel about the thieving scum that is Spotify.

You know they will probably refund you if you just get in touch with the team like I posted above? They aren't in the market of stealing money from people, that would be bad business. 

There is a way to get in touch. When you register for the 30 day free trial, that is the start of a rolling monthly subscription so you did sign up for it. It just looks like your cancellation wasn't completed correctly. Spotify accounts are never removed, so your account must still be there somewhere. Unfortunately, you need to get in touch with the customer services team, there is not much community support can do since its a billing issue. 

Peter

Peter

Can't believe how difficult it is to get help with payment issue.  And it seems impossible to cancel my account.  If I don't hear from YOU, Spotify (phone call or email ASAP), I am going DIRECTLY to my state's consumer protection division. 

Dear Spotify, you have my credit card and my contact info.  Get with it and contact me. 

USER 1220762669

Suggested posts