Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify says I'm in the wrong country, impossible to fix?

Solved!

Spotify says I'm in the wrong country, impossible to fix?

I've been getting "Your country does not match the one set in your profile" since about 1 month back. I have made no changes to my account during this period. My account was originally created in Sweden, but I've been living in Iceland for the last 6 months. Spotify was recently released in Iceland during the summer, and my profile has been set to Iceland since then, and has been working perfectly until now.

One day when I start Spotify in the beginning of December I randomly get this message. The "Profiles" menu on the Spotify website is completely bugged. Whenever I try to change an option it tells me "This email address is already in use" (even though I've never tried to change it). Sometimes when I load the page I can swap between Sweden and Iceland as countries, and sometimes Iceland is greyed out and I can't change it.

I am not using a VPN service, and the web player gives me the same message.

I payed for Spotify Unlimited and haven't been able to use Spotify at all for the last month! What a waste of money!

Can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Armagedda!

I've manually changed your account to Iceland as it was still set to Sweden.

Let me know if you're still having trouble after this. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey Armagedda!

I've manually changed your account to Iceland as it was still set to Sweden.

Let me know if you're still having trouble after this. 

___

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

It works again! Thanks so much for your quick help!

No worries, enjoy your tunes! 

___

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem right now, my account is registered as UK (I never lived there) but I live in Belgium, so no possibility to connect. Could you also change that manually ? (profile page is still buggy as described in the original post)

Hey @PhilH - That email address error is normally associated with unknowingly have more than one Spotify account. If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form (since the moderators don't catch every topic here), they should be able to get the extra account removed and your country changed over for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your help, I contact the support using online form right now 🙂

Best regards,

Hi there,

I hadn't used my Spotify account for 2 weeks and when I went back into use in early September I was getting a message to say that "my country does not match the one set in my profile"  I've gone on line and tried to update my country as it was automatically set as UK when I sgned up but it's greyed out so I can't actually change it to Ireland. 

Could someone please do it for me or tell me how to do it, please?

Thanks, Cathy

I'm having the same problem. Can somebody @Spotify please fix for me too!!

I usually log on to spotify with my facebook account. It is set as USA for country. I have recently moved to Japan, but have been able to use spotify normally. I did not change any settings but one day, it suddenly logged me out and told me that I am in the wrong country.

Its just weird how this happened suddenly.

Could you switch mine to canadian. It says I am in the united states so it wont let me enter my postal code to pay for premium

I am recieving a similar problem where my area is set to the United States but doesnt accept the login and cant be fixed. Can you please help ASAP. Thank You.

- Bharath 😄 

Hi there @user-removed

Thanks for posting here on the community!

You can change your country settings from here: https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need further help with that.

Cheers,

Mary

I know that link and tried doing that but it doesnt work. That is the reason why I need a developer or a moderator's help right now. 😞

But thanks anyways 😄

That's odd.

If you're physically in the US and your account is set to USA then you should be able to log in with any problem.

Otherwise you can change it on the profile page as long as the URL is set to the country you're currrently in right now. 

I have trouble joining the family account, because spotify says i`m in the wrong country. I have tried to change it, but it is not working. Please help?

Hello Greg!

I'm having the same problem as some of the people here. I have registered a few months ago and the account was set in Spain as I used a spanish Paypal. The thing is that I live in France and I want to change my account to France. I have put my French Paypal and my French credit card and still impossible to change 😞

What can I do?

Thanks;

Regards

Jean

Suggested posts