Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify still shows wrong name

Spotify still shows wrong name

Hello! A friend of mine used my spotify and now it only says his name in the top right corner. I've logge out all devices and disconnected facebook. I've tried to log in with my own facebook account but then it just can't seem to connect it with my Spotify account and I get a separate user... Pls help it's driving me mad to not see my name :(( Oh and I've tried for 3 days now with logging in and out.
10 Replies

What is your Spotify username?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey Peter, my username is potetgull0.

That account isn't showing as Facebook connected for me. Could you try re-installing the app?

http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter

Ok I have tried that now. If I choose "log in with facebook" it's logging in to my facebook but I don't have premium and no playlists at all. If I log in with Potetgull0 and choose connect to facebook I get a new browserwindow(in mozilla/chrome) with the text OK. But it's still the wrong name in the corner 😞

Hey @BCAA and welcome to the community!

I suggest reaching out to the official support team by using this contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/. They can fix it and unlink your friends account etc. It also seems your account has now been duplicated by accident so I really recommend to contact customer service.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi,

I have this exact same problem.

I have a standalone spotify account with username enjoycarlo.

I have tried unlinking and relinking my FB account and even tried uninstalling and installing the app but still my friends name is still showing.

There is no problem with the linking and unlinking, the problem is regardless of what i do, even if  dont have a facebook account linked, the name on top is not changing or not being removed which is not my facebook account.

Hey @enjoycarlo ,

well then you should use the contact form mentioned above as well.

@enjoycarlo - That username is showing as connected to the Facebook of Carlo Tibayan for me. Is that not correct?

Peter

Thx! This is a mess indeed. My spotify account email differs from the FB accounts email and I cant change to the right one because it¨s allready in use. It has worked before so im not sure why its all messed up now. And somehow this dude who is not me is showing still in tthe corner. Sent the form to support so I hope they can fix it 🙂

@Peter - That is correct.

Actually, regardless of me, having NO facebook account or linking the correct one, the name on the desktop and the android app still shows a different name (Jack James de Cruz) which is not mine.

If you click on the name, it will pullup a bigger picture with the correct name, either the username or the fb account linked. However, at a larger view or glance of the desktop and the android app, it shows a different name as what the poster of this thread is also explaining. In my case, despite Jack James de Cruz not being linked to my account, his name still shows on the top right side of the desktop app and at the bottom of the android app.

Suggested posts