Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks I'm abroad, when I'm not

Solved!

Spotify thinks I'm abroad, when I'm not

I used spotify in the US, then studied abroad in Australia for 5 months. I couldn't use it there, but halfway through Australia got spotify. I had to change my country to use spotify there. Now that I'm back in the US, I had to change my country again. But now spotify says "Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. To continue using Spotify from abroad, sign up for Spotify Premium which gives you unlimited travel access." But I'm not longer abroad, and would like to go back to using Spotify Free.

419 Replies

I registered for spotify when i'M in malaysia but i study in ireland. Now when I'm here back in ireland what can I do to listen to spotify free as I kept getting the message that I can only listen to spotify abroad for only 14 days?

I have very same problem! I bought my phone when I was in norway and downloaded spotify straight away, now that I'm back to lithuania, it says im abroad!

Why has spotify logged me off with an error message saying that i can use it abroad only for 14 days. This is the second time it has happened. Please rectify ASAP! 

I have the same problem , what can I do ?
Please help me !!

Case no 03735418
I have the same problem. Only USA option displayed to select.

I was in New Zealand on holiday but have now returned to the Uk - my home. When I try & log in it says I can't use Spotify abroad for more than 14 days. How do I change my country of origin of the error message pops up before I can even sign in? Help please! Thanks!

Same for me, it's sayin can only use for 14 days abroad I've lived in uk since iv had the account??

Hi, I m from California but Is currently traveling and trying to upgrade to premium but when I m trying to log in it says "you can only use spotify abroad for 14 days"

How do I upgrade ?

Hello spotitfy says im abroad for 14 But im not....

HI I am having the same problem as everyone else.

I have a free acount and after traveling to spain for 4 months I cant log in back in Canada

Hi there,
I got the same message telling me that I had 14 days to use Spotify abroad but I never left home lol. I am signed up to Australia but I got a new iPhone recently and used Spotify on it after I installed it but after some update I kept getting this message every time I want to use it.
Please help

My account is locked too. I lived in the uk but now I have moved back to Australia and can't access my account

I'm having the same issue, i try to log in from my phone and it won't let me saying "Login failed, you can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days." But I've never left my country or been abroad???? Can someone pls help me I'm very irritated.

I think this thread is not really helpful. All we can read is people complaining about the same problem but haven't seen Spotify do something about it for a couple of days... Fix the bugs Spotify please...

Same problem here and I'm not able to change the country from the profile. Help please.

Same problem, registered in Sweden, now living in the US, changed the country in my profile, still can't log in, what gives?

Help!

I work I Hong Kong. I have a premium acct, but I've been away for a few weeks and now I can't access my Spotify. I'll be traveling back soon and want to use it, but I can't sign in. What do I do?

@Ctex11 what message do you get? where did you open your account? where are you now? 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi! It logged me out and when I log in it says I've been away for more than
14 days (which I have). I'm in Zurich.

Are you sure you're logging with your Premium account username? Because Premium users do not get that message, only the Free ones.

Login to your account through the Spotify website, and check your subscription status.

But, try not to use facebook to login. Use the username on the email receipt you got when you paid for the service.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts