Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks I'm abroad, when I'm not

Solved!

Spotify thinks I'm abroad, when I'm not

I used spotify in the US, then studied abroad in Australia for 5 months. I couldn't use it there, but halfway through Australia got spotify. I had to change my country to use spotify there. Now that I'm back in the US, I had to change my country again. But now spotify says "Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. To continue using Spotify from abroad, sign up for Spotify Premium which gives you unlimited travel access." But I'm not longer abroad, and would like to go back to using Spotify Free.

419 Replies

Your Spotify profile country is France now. Have you managed to fix this yourself ?

I'm having the same issues! It has been this way for months. I've confirmed that all my information states I'm located in the US, but it continues to say that I'm abroad. Any way to fix this?

Hi Mike09 - I can confirm the account linked to your FB is registered in the US.

Could you please try a quick sign out/ sign in with your FB details for me?

Hey Meredith,

Thanks for the response! It's up and working. I appreciate the help!

I've got the same problem, could you please help me too!?

Hi ve - Your account is also registered in the US. Is there where you're currently based?

Are you accessing Spotify via an internet proxy? If so, it might be telling Spotify you're in a different country from the US. 

I'm in Sweden, and not in the US. I am using my home internet at a swedish address.

Ah, that's the problem then. You can change your country settings by updating your payments details with your Swedish credit card. 

Your account will not be charged. It will simply change your settings so you can log in as normal. 

No credit card? Just head to our contact form and reply to any automated messages you receive. 

Seems to be having the same issue as before! Any help?

Thanks in advance!

@Mike09 wrote:

Seems to be having the same issue as before! Any help?

Thanks in advance!

Hey 🙂

I would suggest you drop the Spotify team a quick message using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you directly. If you get an automated email reply, just reply directly to that message and it will be sent to a member of the team who can assist you.

They will reply by email so be sure to check your inbox as well as junk/spam folders 😉

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same problem. I'm based in Finland and this site http://aruljohn.com/ confirms my IP is Finnish and still I'm told I'm not here. Not happy at all.

@Tulenkantaja wrote:

I have the same problem. I'm based in Finland and this site http://aruljohn.com/ confirms my IP is Finnish and still I'm told I'm not here. Not happy at all.

Hey!

Welcome to the community 🙂

Does your Spotify profile also say that you are in Finland? You can view it from your online account.

Peter

Peter

Hi & thanks. Yes it does. A bit confusing, really.

Hello, I'm new to spotify and it also says that i'm abroad when i'm actually not.

It says my 14 days on abroad have expired but i'm using it from my home.

Can you please check to see what is the problem and let me know.

Tank You

Hey guys 🙂

I would recommend anyone who is having this issue opens a support ticket with customer services using the online contact form. If you recieve an automated reply asking you to ask in the community, just reply directly to that email and it will be sent to a member of the team who can assist you. 

They will reply by email so be sure to check your inbox and/or junk folders 😉 

I will also ask the staff to keep an eye on this thread and the cases!

Peter

Peter

Hi Mike09, Tulenkantaja - I've checked and both of your accounts are set to the right country. 

Please try another quick log out/ log in for me. If you keep having trouble let me know. 

@1210147646 - Where are you currently based? Are you using an internet proxy at all?

Hi Meredith, I tried that earlier and I also installed Spotify again to no avail. The funny thing is, it seems to work now. 🙂

I'm currently based in Puerto Rico. A lot of my friends use spotify and non of them have had any problem and no, i don't use a proxy.

Thank you

@1210147646 wrote:

I'm currently based in Puerto Rico. A lot of my friends use spotify and non of them have had any problem and no, i don't use a proxy.

Thank you

Ah, that will be the problem then. Due to technical and legal issues, Spotify isn’t available in several overseas territories belonging to Finland, France, the UK and the US, amongst other countries.

Users that begin a subscription in one of the 50 US states can then travel to Puerto Rico with their Spotify. However, it's not possible to use a free account for more than 14 days. 

Please keep an eye on the blog for updates: www.spotify.com/blog/ 

Hi,

I am getting the message 'Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. To continue using Spotify from abroad, sign up for Spotify Premium which gives you unlimited travel access.'

I have not used spotify for a ahile and today I get the above message

Suggested posts