Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks I'm abroad, when I'm not

Solved!

Spotify thinks I'm abroad, when I'm not

I used spotify in the US, then studied abroad in Australia for 5 months. I couldn't use it there, but halfway through Australia got spotify. I had to change my country to use spotify there. Now that I'm back in the US, I had to change my country again. But now spotify says "Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. To continue using Spotify from abroad, sign up for Spotify Premium which gives you unlimited travel access." But I'm not longer abroad, and would like to go back to using Spotify Free.

419 Replies

I am having the same problem! It’s very strange because I had no problem earlier today. When I reopened the app, it gives me the 14-day error message. I am in Virginia (moved back from Chile a month ago). What do I do? Thanks

Hey @grotonlongpt

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown through your IP address, and the one in your profile.

First, check your IP address here.

After that, compare it to the country shown in your profile.

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Also, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.

Change your country setting in your profile page so it matches what your IP address shows.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I have the same problem with Spotify that it thinks I am abroad and in have exceeded the 14 days. The strange thing is that one a desktop I don't have this problem but on my mobile phone and tablet I do. The country settings are that I am in the Netherlands as they should so I have no clue how to solve it. Please help because I would like to use Spotify again.

I have the same problem my IP address is correct my country is correct it works on my PC but not on my tablet or phone . It says I am out of country. Please help?I am in uk

Hey @Awood222 @Annelottevv

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, logout of the app in your device phone and tablet, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

It worked! Thank you so much 🙂

Glad I was able to help. 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/track/400PdC8w7nzIh2vqalEbSA

osorniosSpotify Star

I have the same problem! What should I do?

Hi, the thing is I was living in USA when I open my Spotify account, then I came back to Spain and kept using my account for several months, now I changed my phone and when I tried to open my Spotify account I said I can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days, but i’ve been using it for months now, how can I get my Spotify account back? Thank you very much 

you have to long into spotify using a web browser and change you location
in the settings there

Hello,

I’m having this same issue. Spotify won’t let me login in through Facebook because it thinks I am still abroad. 

Hey @reagant1988

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown through your IP address, and the one in your profile.

Since you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Also, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.

Change your country setting in your profile page so it matches what your IP address shows.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hello!

I went to study in Scotland for three months but had Spotify before that. Now that I’m back in Belgium (where I’m from), it says I can’t use it abroad because of the 14day trial... 

Can you please help me?

Cheers!

Maxime Goossens

I went to my settings and updated my country, and now it’s working normally again.

Hey @Maxime_Goossens

Since you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I have just come back off my holiday and I used Spotify abroad however now I am home it will not let me log in because ‘you can only use Spotify for 14 days’ but I can’t change anything, what can I do to sort this problem?

Hey @Robcheesbrough

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I have the same problem, can you help?

Hey @1159959501

Check my previous post (above yours). It may be able to help. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Spotify thinks I'm abroad, when I'm not

Suggested posts