Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks I'm in the wrong country. Can't change country

Solved!

Spotify thinks I'm in the wrong country. Can't change country

I can't get spotify to go online because it thinks I'm in the wrong country. My profile says, that I'm from the USA, but I never made that setting. I'm from germany and have a german IP. I can't change my country in my profile on my own, because its greyed out. Please change the country to germany. My Accountname is fernetbranco

Thank you.

176 Replies

Hi There,

I've moved country and the roundabout of redirections in trying to change my country is driving me nuts.

I used to be in Sydney, Australia, and am now living in London, UK.

I sent in a form and was sent back an email with a link to the FAQ, or the user forum, which had previously suggested I fill out the form.

Could someone please just change my details for me so I can continue to use your service?

Thank you,

Max

Hi there, I originally signed up in the US, but am now in Canada. I am unable to use Spotify as the countries don't match. I am a free user and unable to change my country in my profile (it is greyed out and asks for payment details update, but I am not a Premium member). Please help, thanks.

Hello,

I am currently in Canada and i have my Spotify account set up in the US (not sure how that happened). Can you please update my country to Canada as i am unable to make the change under the profile section (keeps giving me a wrong postal format error) 

Please and thank you (username is Singam.karian) 

Same issue....

@maxhem @sebkoper @singamk @Stothers17

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, I am a free user. Recently travelled to hong kong and back. Now my spotify account is set in the US and It won't change back to Australia. I can't use my account now. Could it be fixed? thanks. 

Hi @dku 

I'll escalate your message with the team. Someone will be able to assist you as soon as possible.

Edit: Have you already taken a look in our F.A.Q? This article might help you solving the issue. 

Still got no access... please help asap

@dku 

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Hi I have recently moved to Sweden and it won't let me log in and my region is greyed out and cannot change it. Can't see to find a solution. Can anyone help

Contact support and when you receive the auto reply,  click reply and send your request again. Only spotify support can change your region. 

Hi Spotify support,

please try to change my country setting from US to Germany.

Thanks,

Eric

Hey Im having the same problem my user name is Ana Victoria Torres Guzman, my settings says that Im in Dominican Republic but I am currently living in France and it does not allow me to make a change because is blocked, any help?

thanks 

Hi there,
I have moved from the UK to Australia and cannot change my country which means I can't access spotify. Can you please change this to Australia for me? my login is via Facebook but My username appears to be 1168423153. Thanks! Ben

I've been in Germany for 2 years. Made my account in the U.S. and upon moving here I didn't change anything. Been working fine until today and it says I need to change my country. I can't because it's greyed out. I tried upgrading with my German credit card but it won't accept it because it says the zip code is not valid, I assume it's looking for a U.S. zip code.

Support, can you please change my country to Germany?

username: 124355281

@ericrath90 @AnaVTG @Hegbe992 @124355281 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi,

I have the same issue. I started my Spotify account in France by using my Facebook account but now in Belgium, with a belgian IP adress, it doesn't want to change to the right country.

Can you fix my problem please?

I have exactly the same problem. My account thinks I am in Italy because I stayed there for three weeks and it won't let me change it to the UK

Please help!

I live in the Netherlands and have been using Spotify for 10 months. Suddenly, I can't log on because the programme thinks I am registered to the wrong country (it doesn't tell me which). I've checked my IP address as well as my address in my profile - both are NL. 

username: jesswcooper

Help? 😞

Hi, I have the same problem... 

I live Spain and have been using Spotify for a year more or less without a problem and all of the sudden, I can't log on because Spotify thinks I am registered in the wrong country. I went to my account settings and it sais that I´m in Spain, I've checked my IP address as well as my address in my profile everything sais Spain. 

username: cardozam

Could anyone help me, please?

Cheers!

@cardozam @jesswcooper @Turlough @LVNH 

Read this on how to contact suppport for help:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Unable-to-change-country-settings-as-a-free-user/idi...

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts