Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks I'm in the wrong country. Can't change country

Solved!

Spotify thinks I'm in the wrong country. Can't change country

I can't get spotify to go online because it thinks I'm in the wrong country. My profile says, that I'm from the USA, but I never made that setting. I'm from germany and have a german IP. I can't change my country in my profile on my own, because its greyed out. Please change the country to germany. My Accountname is fernetbranco

Thank you.

176 Replies

I can't get spotify to go online because it thinks I'm in the wrong country... It says that i am from US but i havent even changed my settings.I am from Denmark. I can't change my country in my profile on my own, because its greyed out. Please change the country to Denmark.

@Sjuush

Read this on how to contact suppport for help:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Unable-to-change-country-settings-as-a-free-user/idi...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having the same problem, I arrived in Stockholm from the US a couple of weeks ago. I'd gladly change my country on my profile but when I got to edit the country it won't let me change it. Please help!

Hi @jessiebenedict welcome!

This is a known issue and Spotify is working on a fix. In the mean time, please get in touch with the spotify support team by using the online contact form. Spotify usually responds within 24-48 hours.

If you get an auto reply back directing you to the help pages, just reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Can you help me; my country is the Netherlands but my account thinks I'm French.
I upgraded to a family account but can't invite my son because they think we are in different countries!

@Johnnell

Read this on how to contact support for help changing the country:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Unable-to-change-country-settings-as-a-free-user/idi...

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi there, 

I am a free user of spotify and when I moved to Finland for a few months my account adapted but now that I am back home in New Zealand I am unable to log in. I sought help via the FAQ but I can't change the country on the account page - only my email address and gender etc via Facebook. I'd really like to use spotify again but at the moment it's not possible. 

@lang1

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks!

Mine says I'm in the USA but I live in Canada...

Marked as solution

Hi Adam,

My account still stand on Spain because i obviously changed itwhen i was on holiday can you change it back to the netherlands for me please.

Hi, I've moved to the US from the UK, and now that I've updated my billing details to my US acct, my country setting has changed... and along with that I've lost access to loads of music I used to listen to! Is there a way to change it back? Thanks! (user name: dr-monkey)

Hi @dr-monkey

This probably means your music is not available in the USA. However, a Rock Star made a website to check if songs are available in your country.

Please go to this website to see if a song is available in your country.

Also, please let me know once it's available in your country, but not for you.

Thank you!

I got a similar problem here, user name lotharbraun:

My account says France and cannot be changed, but never used it there. I created and used my account always in Germany und I use a german IP. Now I can't invite my son using the new family account, because he ist also in Germany.

Can anyone halp me?

I have the same problem.

I created my account from Germany and have only used it with a german IP. But the country in my profile says 'US' and there is no way for me to change it since I don't get anything besides 'US' to choose. Help would be appreciated.

hey, i have the same problem. i live in netherlands and created my account here. however, on the spotify website it shows my country as the US for some reason. i cannot change it. please help

I recently returned from an overseas trip to Malaysia, UK and Ireland. When I logon now, my country is listed as Malaysia. I live in Melbourne, Australia amd cannot change it even though I am billed to an Australian credit card.

Any ideas?

Marked as solution

Hi,

Can I get help too? I'm from Germany and I opened my account in Germany, but spotify changed my account country to Great Britain. My account username is karlyjoan. Please someone help!!

Yo can u please help me also I don't want to keep paying for an account I can't use. I'm having the same problem as everyone

Suggested posts