Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks I'm in the wrong country. Can't change country

Solved!

Spotify thinks I'm in the wrong country. Can't change country

I can't get spotify to go online because it thinks I'm in the wrong country. My profile says, that I'm from the USA, but I never made that setting. I'm from germany and have a german IP. I can't change my country in my profile on my own, because its greyed out. Please change the country to germany. My Accountname is fernetbranco

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ah, that will be due to the country change. I'll send a private message to you now. Keep an eye on your inbox.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

If you can't change your country on your online profile but your IP address is being correctly located, get in touch with support using the online contact form and they will be able to get it changed over manually for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

@marsup73 - If you could reply directly to one of those automated emails someone will be able to lend a hand.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Unfortunately gift and eCards are only valid for redemption in the country they are purchased.

I would suggest your family get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and ask them nicely to bend the rules a little for them.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Marked as solution

Spotify is not yet available in Romania, so you can't change your country to there. Unfortunately you won't be able to use Spotify in Romania (after 14 days if you registered it in another country), unless you can subscribe to Premium using a payment method from a country where Spotify is available. 

Peter

Marked as solution

Follow the steps here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/I-can-t-change-the-country-in-my-acc...

Peter

Marked as solution

@czuboka - Country on Spotify Free accounts is set by IP address location. Are you definitely connecting from a Canadian IP address?

http://www.maxmind.com/en/locate_my_ip

Peter

Marked as solution

Hi I have recently moved to Sweden and it won't let me log in and my region is greyed out and cannot change it. Can't see to find a solution. Can anyone help

Contact support and when you receive the auto reply,  click reply and send your request again. Only spotify support can change your region. 

Marked as solution

Hi Adam,

My account still stand on Spain because i obviously changed itwhen i was on holiday can you change it back to the netherlands for me please.

Marked as solution

Hi,

Can I get help too? I'm from Germany and I opened my account in Germany, but spotify changed my account country to Great Britain. My account username is karlyjoan. Please someone help!!

Marked as solution

No exactly, I can only choose Denmark
No I didn't because I'm gonna go with the family account, but I can't do it until my account is in Sweden

176 Replies

Hey there, that's all taken care of for you. You'll now be able to use your Spotify account in Germany. Enjoy!

If it's a US zip code you currently have on your account it's worth updating that here too.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I have similar problem to fernetbranco.  I'm in Bermuda.  My payment through Facebook was recently canceled, so I'm trying to set up a new payment arrangement.  My Spotify account is registered in the United Kingdom, but I'm in Bermuda.  I can't sign up a new payment, because  my location doesn't match my billing address.  Spotify's suggested solution is to set up a new subscription.  When I try to do that I'm no longer eligible for the 30 day free offer for the inconvenience of canceling my previous payment arrangement.  Can you reset my location to Bermuda such that I can still be eligible for the kind offer?

@chuckied Bermuda! What a beautiful part of the world. I've been fortunate enough to visit a couple of times. Ridiculously lovely.

Anyway, I've changed your country to Bermuda, so it should now be ok. Let us know how you get on.

-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks Sam.  I see that the country has changed, but the 30 day offer is no longer available.  There was a message at the top basically telling me to bugger off.........

Marked as solution

Ah, that will be due to the country change. I'll send a private message to you now. Keep an eye on your inbox.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

May i get help too? Im from Chile (Spotify became available here not long ago)  and all was fine and dandy and then it suddenly changed my country to USA and i can't play anymore =( I'm not using any proxys and just checked my IP and it's fine (Valparaiso, Chile)

Hi there,

I opened my Spotify account in the UK several years ago but I now live in Hong Kong. Now I can't change my country in my profile so I can't access my account as Spotify thinks I've been travelling more than 14 days... I've tried the tips in your FAQs (change the country of payment method) but it's not working either (still stuck on UK and won't accept any other country). I've sent 2 emails to your customer support but I keep receiving an automated message suggesting to come to this website or check the FAQs. Please help! Thanks.

Marked as solution

If you can't change your country on your online profile but your IP address is being correctly located, get in touch with support using the online contact form and they will be able to get it changed over manually for you. 

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

@marsup73 - If you could reply directly to one of those automated emails someone will be able to lend a hand.

Peter

my profile says sweden and ive lived in sweden for 6 months now BUT spotify still tells me it's the wrong counrty ive tried contacting swedish support but they sent me here. can i get any help?

That sounds like an automated respone. Just reply to it and one of the support staff should get back to you within 48 hours.

Thanks Peter, your colleagues helped me super quick and I have my account back, v happy!

Glad to hear it @marsup73 !

Peter

Sent recently a gift card premium acc. to my family in Germany paid in Sweden. Now, my family cannot access because of wrong country. How can we solve the problem?
Marked as solution

Unfortunately gift and eCards are only valid for redemption in the country they are purchased.

I would suggest your family get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and ask them nicely to bend the rules a little for them.

Peter

Hello,

Spotify says I'm in USA, but I'm in Brazil. How can I change my profile's country ???

@guifarina - Spotify is not yet available in Brazil, so unfortunately you won't be able to use the Spotify service there (for more than 14 days) unless you have a payment method from another country where Spotify is available to purchase premium.

Peter

I registered my account in Germany but live in Romania and I can't change my country. Any help?

I registered my account in Germany but live in Romania and I can't change my country. Any help please?

Marked as solution

Spotify is not yet available in Romania, so you can't change your country to there. Unfortunately you won't be able to use Spotify in Romania (after 14 days if you registered it in another country), unless you can subscribe to Premium using a payment method from a country where Spotify is available. 

Peter

Suggested posts