Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks I'm in the wrong country. Can't change country

Solved!

Spotify thinks I'm in the wrong country. Can't change country

I can't get spotify to go online because it thinks I'm in the wrong country. My profile says, that I'm from the USA, but I never made that setting. I'm from germany and have a german IP. I can't change my country in my profile on my own, because its greyed out. Please change the country to germany. My Accountname is fernetbranco

Thank you.

176 Replies

I need help to change Country in my Account as well. I moved from Germany to Japan...

@hanransha

Have you tried changing your country setting in your profile page yet?

Make sure your IP address shows the country you're currently at. You can check it here.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I created an account yesterday in Sweden but it says that I'm in Denmark, and I can't change it too Sweden, what should I do? Can I get help?

@Tjelvin

Check your IP address here.

If it shows that you're in Sweden, you will be set.

If not, check why it shows that you're in another country. Depending of your Internet provider, there could be several solutions.

osorniosSpotify Star

It does show that I am in Sweden, but I can't change my country too Sweden still

@Tjelvin

Your website profile doesn't give you the option? Did you enter any payment details into the account?

osorniosSpotify Star
Marked as solution

No exactly, I can only choose Denmark
No I didn't because I'm gonna go with the family account, but I can't do it until my account is in Sweden

@Tjelvin

You should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star

Before my holidays everything was ok in Belgium but now that I've tried to connect in Spain,my iPhone and Pad cannot accept my account ( fault 408 ) in Belgium

Hello Sam!
I've got the same problem. I made my account in Spain, but I live in the Netherlands. Can you fix this?
Thanks!

Hey @SalleJan,

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown by the IP address, and the one in your profile.

First, check your IP address here.

After that, compare it to the country shown in your profile.

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Finally, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.
osorniosSpotify Star

Hi
I live in U.K. And my Spotify says I'm in the wrong country after phone died about a week after downloading and creating account and won't let me back on my account. Can you help.

Hey @Coralmarieselby,

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown by the IP address, and the one in your profile.

First, check your IP address here.

After that, compare it to the country shown in your profile.

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.
osorniosSpotify Star

Same Problem here im originally from portugal which im at right now but went to canada for four years and is also where i made my account.

It makes no sense because i already changed my country to portugal but it didnt make a difference

Spotify think i am in france but i never met there. I am in Iran can you change my country to Iran?

Hey @radmanmh96

Unfortunately, Spotify hasn't launched in Iran yet, so you won't be able to use the service there until it's launched.

You can find more info here.

osorniosSpotify Star

I need to change my country to Sweden, as of now It wont let me listen to my music

Suggested posts