Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks I'm in the wrong country. Can't change country

Solved!

Spotify thinks I'm in the wrong country. Can't change country

I can't get spotify to go online because it thinks I'm in the wrong country. My profile says, that I'm from the USA, but I never made that setting. I'm from germany and have a german IP. I can't change my country in my profile on my own, because its greyed out. Please change the country to germany. My Accountname is fernetbranco

Thank you.

176 Replies

Hi! My spotify username is Aine1206, I have not been able to log into my account for a few weeks because it is telling me I'm still abroad! I was in the states for a year but I'm home in Ireland now (where I originally set up the account). I have selected Ireland as the country on my profile but it hasn't made a difference - still can't log in. I miss my muusssicc!! Please help! Thank you

I do have the same issue. I am from Autria but in my setting says that I live in the US. Now I can't even log in nor listen to music because it thinks I am abroad. I tried to change it but it is greyed out too. Could you please change it to Austria? My account name is wickedia.

Thank you!

I have the Same problem. Spotify trinkst im from another country, But im froh germany. my Account name is ghm01

I have the same issue!!! how do i fix this????

Hi I'm having a similar issue; my profile says I'm in Australia, when in actuallity I'm in the USA. However, when I went to change my country to USA, it said spotify was not available in my country...Any solutions? Thank you!

dear spotify,

I have a similar problem. I spent three months in Canada where I created my spotify account but now I'm back home in Germany. I cannot change my country either; it's greyed out.

Could you fix this for me ?

Thanks a lot xx

Hey I'm having the same problem, I'm in Australia and my country settings are set to australia but it still says that I'm in the wrong country, my user name is cyphon_mourne what's the go?

please help me to, i lived in Norway, then i moved to England and now i moved back to Norway.

i am trying to change my country but it says that it is unavailible where i am. i have been using spotify in Norway for over 3 years.

please help me

Hi, I have the same problem. I moved to Canada while I've been living in France before. I can't change my country, Spotify tells me Canada is not available in my country... (I know it is!!!)

Hi man! I have always lived in the UK and I have a UK IP. but for some reason spotify sayss im from russia and i cant use it.

Hello all!

Could you please get in touch with Spotify so they can sort this out for you? 

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

I am Canadian and cannot change my country on the login page. My account name is greatbeat. Can you help me get registered?

Hi  @greatbeat 

Could you please get in touch with Spotify so they can sort this out for you?

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi there,

I have the same issue as by other users already mentioned. I created my account in the Netherlands but now I am in Germany and would like to keep on using my account. However when I try to change the country I get the message that spotify does not exist for this country.

Could you please support me on changing this?

Thank you very much!

Hi @lauritasdm 

Please get in touch with Spotify so they can sort this out for you.

I've been in contact with someone from Spotify, and we'd like to know some things to investigate this further.

Could you please tell us what your username is, and which browser(s) you got this problem.

Thank you!

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your patience! This issue is now resolved, and everything should be back to normal! If you're still having trouble, be sure to let us know right here!

Need some help. My country is stuck on usa greyed out. I'm in belgium not using a vpn. How do i change it??

Hello, Can you please help me too.

Spotify thinks i am in Canada but I live permanently in the Turks and Caicos Islands (United Kingdom territory)

I am not able to change my country....

I have been trying to fix this for a while...

Sam

I'm in Korea now, but my account says in Turkey which i travelled. 

How Can I change it ? help me...

Suggested posts