Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't let me log in

Solved!

Spotify won't let me log in

It's nothing to do with firewall, simply when the little box comes up and tells me to log in I enter my facebook username and facebook password and it says they are incorrect. I have tried numerous other combinations of what it could be. I then follow the link to reset my password on the website and when I enter my email address into the box it says that I have signed up using facebook so to change my password do it through facebook. But I don't need to change my facebook password as it's exactly the same one as I'm using to log into spotify. It's a death circle! I don't know what it won't let me log in!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Have you tried opening Spotify via Facebook?  This logs you in and then tends to let you in via the main route after that.

Go to www.facebook.com/music and select a spotify track from in there.  Spotify should then open and play that track.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

My problem was very similar where it would say i have a problem with my firewall blocking me from signing via facebook. So i instead went to the spotify website and created a password for my account. Then i copied down my username number code and used that to sign myself in. It worked after that. I was pretty frustrated that i couldn;t sign in via facebook, but glad normal sign in works out well. Hope it works for anyone else who your previous solution did not work for them. 

View solution in original post

45 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

Have you tried opening Spotify via Facebook?  This logs you in and then tends to let you in via the main route after that.

Go to www.facebook.com/music and select a spotify track from in there.  Spotify should then open and play that track.

this seems to have worked! Thank you so much Smiley Happy

I have this same exact issue and using Spotify though Facebook does the same thing! Still won't let me get on. I have a Samsung Galaxy s3 and i have never had any issues before today! Help please

Thanks saved me there link through facebook worked

https://www.facebook.com/music

I'm having the same issue, can't login in normally, but can through facebook. However when i login via facebook I'm no longer on premium.  Any ideas?  Thanks

@ofthegirl wrote:

I'm having the same issue, can't login in normally, but can through facebook. However when i login via facebook I'm no longer on premium.  Any ideas?  Thanks

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you logging in using your Spotify username (not email address) and your password? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It takes me to spotify and then says "Action not available in offline mode." I have premuim, and I log in correctly, but it says at the top when I log in "Password incorrect,please log out and log in correctly. I don't want to pay $10 a month for a service I can't use.

@Mr_Guy wrote:

It takes me to spotify and then says "Action not available in offline mode." I have premuim, and I log in correctly, but it says at the top when I log in "Password incorrect,please log out and log in correctly. I don't want to pay $10 a month for a service I can't use.

Are you logging into play.spotify.com, the desktop version of Spotify or one of our mobile apps? Have you already tried a clean reinstallation?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I'm having the same problem. I want to be able to log in manually because at my school Facebook is blocked. At home, I even changed my facebook password and tried but it still doesn't work. I used the username on my profile which is 10 various numbers. It just doesn't work, it says it's incorrect. I don't know what else to do. I am using a desktop both at home and at school. Any help?

Hey @elisejohansen -- if you set a device password from here to use with that 10-digit number as your username, that might work, but if Facebook is blocked I can't promise that'll work. Does anyone else at school use Spotify? If so, are they having similar problems?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I used to be able to sign in using facebook, and just use this service. Then anytime i pressed sign in with facebook it would just shake and not do anything. so i created a whole new account. then the same thing happened. y password doesn't work or whatever it is, so I created yet another account. guess what, now I can't access that one. I want one simple way to access the site, I have never had so much trouble accessing something. i type in my username and password and it logs in. why will this service not allow me to do this and why does it do this to me time after time. and going through facebook doesn;t work either. now when I try setting up a new account it just tells me that there was an error. all i want to do is access spotify. that is it.

What device are you using @biff89134 ?

Ok, I have a spotify account and cannot remember my username.  I guess it just kept me logged in after I created the account because anytime I went to the spotify website, my playlists were there.

So today, I downloaded spotify onto my computer and tried to sync my Facebook account to it, but then it asks if I'm new to Spotify or I already have an account, and when I check that I already have an account, it asks for my username and password.  Well I know what the password would be so I guess I can't figure out my username.  I went to "change password" and chose "set a password for your devices" and it SAYS it sent me an email, but I've clicked the link 4 times now and have NO emails from Spotify.  So how do I log in to see my playlists??

Are you still logged into the website on your old account? (Over on http://play.spotify.com) If so, go to Settings > View account. The page that opens will have your username on it.

Peter

I am trying to login to Spotify manually through my TV. I tried using the digits as my user name. I also tried using my facebook user name and password and I cannot connect. I pay for a premium account. Please help me login manually.

You need to log in using your numerical username and special device password which you can set here:
http://www.spotify.com/account/set-device-password/

Peter

It wouldn't let me log in at first and now I used my email and logged in with that but then it asked for my personal information I think from FaceBook. I don't want my Spotify account linked to FaceBook in any way what so ever. So no posts, no nothing. It asks if I'd like to have it post to my friends and I skip it and it wont let me continue to listen to music. Why is this so broken? I've decided I'm just not going to use Spotify until it's fixed. There are better ways of listening to music. 

It wouldn't let me log in at first and now I used my email and logged in with that but then it asked for my personal information I think from FaceBook. I don't want my Spotify account linked to FaceBook in any way what so ever. So no posts, no nothing. It asks if I'd like to have it post to my friends and I skip it and it wont let me continue to listen to music. Why is this so broken? I've decided I'm just not going to use Spotify until it's fixed. There are better ways of listening to music. Now it's not even letting my post my complaint. Go **bleep** yourself Spotify.

@user-removed - Logging in using your email address will authenticate via Facebook. If you have a Spotify account that is not created via Facebook then you need to log in using your username instead.

Peter

Suggested posts