Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't let me log in

Solved!

Spotify won't let me log in

It's nothing to do with firewall, simply when the little box comes up and tells me to log in I enter my facebook username and facebook password and it says they are incorrect. I have tried numerous other combinations of what it could be. I then follow the link to reset my password on the website and when I enter my email address into the box it says that I have signed up using facebook so to change my password do it through facebook. But I don't need to change my facebook password as it's exactly the same one as I'm using to log into spotify. It's a death circle! I don't know what it won't let me log in!

45 Replies

I'm having the same problem, maybe a bit different. When I open Spotify and click 'Log in with Facebook' it tries to open a new tab in Chrome and then says 'Spotify desktop client communication failed.' I tried playing a track on Facebook, but it won't let me. The Facebook music link isn't valid, it just sends me to a broken page.

@ScarshadowKitty 

Try this:

http://mikedixson.com/2014/11/solved-spotify-desktop-client-communication-failed/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I just got a nexus 6 and when I try and log in, it tells me there is already an account with that name.

My phone died, and I had to reload everything. I downloaded the spotify app back onto the phone and tried to log in. It said "you've already created an account with this email address". I know that!!! I just want to get into my account and listen to my music. I pushed forgot password and it said it would send me another, but I've received nothing. I put a ticket in and they said to check this site for help from other users. Do they not have customer service?

I can't have Facebook...

IMMA BOUT TO CRY!!!

SPOTIFY WAS MY LIFE!!!

I HATE IT!!

UNLESS YOU HAVE ANOTHER SOLUTION IM NEVER GOING TO USE IT!!!!

DX

I've tried all of that, it keep telling me that the account is already created with this email address but it will not open, I've changed the password and this is not allowing me to log in either

That happened to me too! So frustrating but I just finally got in. I was putting in my email and not my user name. Hope thats helps you!

Here's the thing...

I put in my email for my username to get in on this website. So I thought hey.... why not this be username?

So I go and put it in and IT STILL DOESN'T LOG ME IN.

Well I'm done with Spotify.

I got Pandora.

XD

This totally worked for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!

Spoiler

Same for me

This isn't working for me

Fucc spotify when I was paying the 9.99 it was no problem. I take my money back and now I cant sign in .

i downloaded spotify off a computer i dont normally use, but when i try to sign in it gives me error code 3. now i know my creds are right because after hittign the login button twice it then gives me error code 2   this is very frustrating but at this rate im going back to pandora because now i cant log in on any computer

so i cant sign in unless i go through facebook

Hey @widgon

If you'd like to get help creating an account away from FB, we'd recommend getting in touch oveR @SpotifyCares on Twitter or FB 🙂

So when I log in it says I'm logged in with this email. But it won't log in. I hit forgot password but it won't let me enter the email address . Help please

My Spotify app is still doing this, logging in through Facebook doesn't work either, when I try to change my password it doesn't let me type my username into the box to be able to have a password reset link sent to me, is there going to be an update for bug fixes or am I just not going to be able to use it?

im originally from the US but im out of the states for the summer. when i try to login to my spotify account on my laptop it tells me i need to upgrade or update profile settings since the countries dont match. ive tried changing the country but it wont let me.

Don't have Facebook

Suggested posts