Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't let me sign up for premium

Solved!

Spotify won't let me sign up for premium

I've been using my free trial, and it's about to expire. I want to give spotify my money, and pay for premium, and it won't let me. I go to the payments screen, and fill out all the CC info. When I press submit, it takes me a screen that says,

"You need to enable Javascript in order to proceed through the purchase flow."

Javascript is enabled. I've tried this in Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. I've tried fresh installs and with no addons/extensions setup and installed. Same message on every computer. I want to give you my money. Why are you making this so ridiculously difficult?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, I figured this B.S. out finally.

I went to Tools > Add ons > then disabled everything. THEN I tried paying for Premium and it let me! 😄

Then I went back and enabled what I had disabled.

Happy times 😄

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

28 Replies

For the past week, I've been running into the same issue. I've been trying to subscribe before my Premium sub expired, and I just can't get past this Javascript error message (JS is enabled, using different browsers, settings, etc). Today was my first day back on Free, and I'm already sick of the ads haha! It would be great to see if it'll be fixed soon. 

I'm having the same problem when I try to pay with PayPal. I am defintely running Javascript. I'm not sure what the problem is. The ads are horrible.

Same here. I want to cry.

Same issue here, even when trying to use a credit card.

Anyone figure this out?

I just got it to go through using a Mac and Safari

Marked as solution

Ok, I figured this B.S. out finally.

I went to Tools > Add ons > then disabled everything. THEN I tried paying for Premium and it let me! 😄

Then I went back and enabled what I had disabled.

Happy times 😄

I tried that too to no avail. I also tried it on browsers that don't have add-ons and it failed.

Sent a message to Spotify help desk. First response was the normal "I didn't read what you reported but I have the answer anyway" canned reply. I hope to get better assistance from them after pointing them here so they can see I'm not the only fool trying to sign up for premium and failing.

I figure they must not want our money.

I got their attention in the last email. Stay tuned.

that's is the way i fell too...it's crazy

Disabling all addons in Chrome worked for me.

I disabled all addons in Firefox and it didn't work. I also tried IE with no addons and got bupkis. 

The Spotify support team is aware of the situation and working on it.

Disable all the add-ons didn't work for me, I tried using the Chrome Browser on my phone to subscribe for Premium and it worked!

Spotify.jpg

Sou Brasileiro, desculpem o incômodo. 
Mas na hora de adquirir a versão premium, não consigo pagar o valor de R$ 1,99. Alguém sabe porque?

I disabled uBlock and it worked. So it's most likely related to content blockers, not all extensions. 

I was having this issue, disabling blockers did nothing, Renaming my hosts file worked fine, their payment process uses their add servers, so if you're using a hosts file that blocks add servers rename it and should work fine.

Also disable any ad blocking you have installed.

I disabled my AdBlocker and it worked.

Thanks for this info it solved the problem now got premium

Suggested posts